Page 1 of 3

8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:49 pm
by L. Mark Stone
Updated packages are now in the repos. The downloads web page has yet to be updated, but the Release Notes are here:

https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/9.0.0/P3
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/8.8.15/P10

Please post on this thread with your upgrade success/issues.

All the best,
Mark

Re: 8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:24 pm
by Robert1657
L. Mark Stone wrote:Updated packages are now in the repos. The downloads web page has yet to be updated, but the Release Notes are here:

https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/9.0.0/P3
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/8.8.15/P10

Please post on this thread with your upgrade success/issues.

All the best,
Mark


Thanks Mark.

Re: 8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:12 am
by vchong68
Release 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.15_P10.

Updated successfully. No issue yet.

Re: 8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:45 pm
by L. Mark Stone
Release Notes Errata:

The Release Notes for 9.0.0. P3 indicate that Exchange Active Sync 16.1 is now GA, but the 8.8.15 Patch 10 Release Notes do not have this notification. If you are running 8.8.15, probably you don't always read the 9.0.0. Release Notes, so you might have missed this.

To get clarity around this and confirm that the backends for Zimbra 9.0.0 and 8.8.15 have not diverged, I opened a Support Case with Zimbra; Zimbra then pinged ZeXtras, and it was formally confirmed that EAS 16.1 is now GA in both 8.8.15 P10 and 9.0.0 P3.

One of the ZetAlliance call summaries documents the benefits of using EAS 16.1 with devices/apps that support it, so after we do our upgrade we'll go to the Admin Console > Network Modules NG > Mobile > (Server) > and adjust the Global Max EAS Version to 16.1.

Hope that helps,
Mark

Re: 8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:38 am
by fs.schmidt
Hello,

Updated Zimbra 9 on Centos 7 Single Server , no issues. Updated zimbra docs as well.
Updated Zimbra 8.8.15 on Centos 7 Single Server , no issues. Updated zimbra docs as well.

Re: 8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:03 am
by lytledd
Updated to 8.8.15 P10 on Ubuntu 18.04 without issues,

Doug

Re: 8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:48 pm
by L. Mark Stone
Updated Ubuntu 16 and 18 to 8.8.15 Patch 10 with no Zimbra problems, but...

A number of operating system packages were also updated at the same time, and after rebooting the Logger host, /var/log/zimbra.log was getting no entries from any hosts in the farm. I reran zmsyslogsetup, restarted rsyslog, and syslogging went back to working normally.

We also deployed a new Docs server and removed the old one during this maintenance; no issues.

It's really, really nice to see the Jira Fixes section now at the end of the release notes. After the update, I was surprised in the Admin Console > Monitoring showed the Docs server with a green "Up" status check mark, but then I saw in the Jira notes that ZBUG-1469 was included in this patch to fix this issue.

All the best,
Mark

Re: 8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:29 am
by fs.schmidt
L. Mark Stone wrote: After the update, I was surprised in the Admin Console > Monitoring showed the Docs server with a green "Up" status check mark, but then I saw in the Jira notes that ZBUG-1469 was included in this patch to fix this issue.


I have noticed that as well. Good to see these improvements for Zimbra Docs.

I hope to see the ability to use Nextcloud/Owncloud as the backend for Drive NG soon...

Re: 8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:16 pm
by Andy
Release 8.8.15_GA_3829.RHEL6_64_20190718141144 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.15_P10.

Problem with status in Admin Console - all RED but working ok - zmcontrol status all up
Is't the same problem like in:
Known Issues

Zimbra Collaboration on RHEL 8 (beta), Monitor -> Server Status shows all the services as stopped even when the services are running on the server.

Can I repair this?

Re: 8.8.15 Patch 10 and 9.0.0 Patch 3 Released

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:39 pm
by L. Mark Stone
Andy wrote:Release 8.8.15_GA_3829.RHEL6_64_20190718141144 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.15_P10.

Problem with status in Admin Console - all RED but working ok - zmcontrol status all up
Is't the same problem like in:
Known Issues

Zimbra Collaboration on RHEL 8 (beta), Monitor -> Server Status shows all the services as stopped even when the services are running on the server.

Can I repair this?


Hi Andy and welcome to the forums!

This sounds like the same problem I had. To fix, I ran (as root) /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsyslogsetup on the logger host, and then restarted the syslog service.

Hope that helps,
Mark