Can I use Zimbra proxy with another mail solution while transitioning to Zimbra?

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
cmargena

Can I use Zimbra proxy with another mail solution while transitioning to Zimbra?

Postby cmargena » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:01 am

During our migration transition we will have two community of users: one living in the old platform using pop3 and the ones living in the new using pop/imap/web mail from Zimbra. We want to make transparent the change of pop3 server so my question is if I can use Zimbra proxy not only to proxy pop3 requests that goes to Zimbra but also to proxy requests that goes to the old qmail platform via pop3.

lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Ubuntu Release 8.8.15.GA.P13 FOSS

Postby lytledd » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:09 pm

[quote user="cmargena"]. We want to make transparent the change of pop3 server so my question is if I can use Zimbra proxy not only to proxy pop3 requests that goes to Zimbra but also to proxy requests that goes to the old qmail platform via pop3.[/QUOTE]

We're in the middle of doing the same thing, we want it setup that if an account doesn't exist on Zimbra, pass it on to our AS/400 mail server:
zmprov md ourdomain.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @outdomain.com

zmprov md outdomain.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress @ourdomain.com

zmprov md outdomain.com zimbraMailTransport smtp:10.10.10.245
postfix stop

postfix start
Doug
cmargena

Postby cmargena » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:15 pm

[quote user="1215vavai"]How if you setting up Zimbra as front-end mail server for old POP3 server ? This will automatically forward all email that do not have a mailbox reside on Zimbra into old POP3 server.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps I did not explain the hole issue, but we have solve the split domain MTA problem. What I am asking is if there is any way for a user to read email via POP3 from a non Zimbra platform with Zimbra Proxy.

In our scenario users from the old platform have the ability to read emails via webmail and also POP3

Return to “Migration”