Exchange to Zimbra Migration

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
jpkboca

Postby jpkboca » Thu May 31, 2012 10:13 am

I know there is a Migration tool through the GUI.
Is there a way to migrate from exchange to zimbra through an api? The reason I ask is because if I had many accounts to migrate, I cannot do it through the GUI (in a sane way), and would love if there was a way to write a frontend myself that took input and called the api to do the migration.
Is this possible, or any other ideas?
I am running 7.2.
Thanks,
Jeff

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu May 31, 2012 10:26 am

What's wrong with using the Exchange Migration Wizard (search the forums & wiki for details)?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
jpkboca

Postby jpkboca » Thu May 31, 2012 11:05 am

Because it would be awfully time consuming to migrate 100k accounts using the wizard, an automated way would be preferable :-)
jpkboca

Postby jpkboca » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:32 pm

[quote user="jpkboca"]Because it would be awfully time consuming to migrate 100k accounts using the wizard, an automated way would be preferable :-)[/QUOTE]
Am I to correctly assume, that you only have the GUI Wizard, and no api to do what the wizard does? It is impractical to use the wizard for many 100k+ domains. Do you have any other suggestions where I can do it programatically?
cameronove

Postby cameronove » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Can someone please verify this? Where is Zimbra? Do they actually provide any support in these forums?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:18 pm

[quote user="cameronove"]Can someone please verify this? Where is Zimbra? Do they actually provide any support in these forums?[/QUOTE]No they don't. The forums are Community supported forums and the people that post here are doing so voluntarily and when they have the time so you'll either have to wait for an answer or do some further research yourself by searching the forums and/or wiki.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
cameronove

Postby cameronove » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:26 pm

[quote user="10330phoenix"]No they don't...[/QUOTE]
No API? or no they don't provide support to these forums?
srq.systems

Postby srq.systems » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:10 am

[quote user="cameronove"]No API? or no they don't provide support to these forums?[/QUOTE]
I believe he is saying that they aren't able to read every forum. This is a community forum, supported by the community.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby fsiegel » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 am

You can also run the wizard via the command line, with an XML file as an argument. This is in the official documentation for 7.2. In the XML, you configure what you want. Then you could write a script to do more than one. In Zimbra 8, coming soon, there is an improved migration wizard with an improved console.

Return to “Migration”