IMAP Sync and "received" date

Looking to migrate to ZCS? Ask here. Got a great tip or script that helped you migrate? Post it here.
Zenitram

Postby Zenitram » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:09 am

I successfully installed Zimbra 4.03 on Ubuntu 6.06.

After installation, I tried to migrate my old mails in Zimbra with IMAP (I used Thunderbird to copy from my old IMAP server to the IMAP server of my Zimbra installation).
With thunderbird (or a webmail as Horde IMP), the "date" of the mail is OK (from my first mail in 1996 to today), but in Zimbra webmail, the "received" column shows only the date of today (the exact date of the copy of the mails on the Zimbra server). I didn't find how to show the real date of the mail.
How to have the date of the mail instead of the date of the copy? I don't want to have a mail from 1996 with the date of today in Zimbra!

dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Postby dkarp » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:47 am

Thunderbird has a bug whereby it doesn't set the INTERNALDATE when using APPEND to copy messages. You can work around this by putting "/tb" at the end of your login username (e.g. user@domain.com/tb or user/tb), which throws the Zimbra IMAP server into Thunderbird hack mode" for your session and works around this issue by setting INTERNALDATE to the Date header of APPENDed messages.
Nothing can be done about the messages you've already copied over, however.
Zenitram

Postby Zenitram » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:14 pm

[quote user="dkarp"]You can work around this by putting "/tb" at the end of your login username[/QUOTE]

Excellent, that works well!!! Dates are good now.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Arura

Postby Arura » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:22 am

This does not seem to work anymore.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:41 am

[quote user="Arura"]This does not seem to work anymore.[/QUOTE]That's not a very good problem description. What exactly if the problem? Which version of Zimbra is installed? What were you trying to do?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
Arura

Postby Arura » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:14 am

Trying to login with TB hack mode by putting /tb after the username, but can not gain access to server. Latest stable Zimbra build I think, I am on a shared Zimbra hosting account.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:33 am

[quote user="Arura"]Trying to login with TB hack mode by putting /tb after the username, but can not gain access to server. Latest stable Zimbra build I think, I am on a shared Zimbra hosting account.[/QUOTE]I suggest that you contact your provider and give them the details of your problem, they can contact Zimbra support for you. It seems (to me) that the "/tb" hack has stopped working, there is an outstanding bug entry in bugzilla here. When you contact your provider can you get them to mention whether they're using an external LDAP for authentication or whether it's Zimbra internal authentication.
Regards

Bill

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:35 am

Sorry, just another question before you report it as a problem. Is this on the web UI or an IMAP client? If you're using the web UI can you try with an IMAP client and see if it still doesn't work.
Regards

Bill

Arura

Postby Arura » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:42 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Sorry, just another question before you report it as a problem. Is this on the web UI or an IMAP client? If you're using the web UI can you try with an IMAP client and see if it still doesn't work.[/QUOTE]
I tried with the email client.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:45 am

Which email client are you using? I've just tried it and it's working. Can you confirm the actual version of Zimbra you're using?
Regards

Bill

Return to “Migration”