Page 1 of 2

Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:21 am
by extreme
Hello everyone!

I have Exchange Server 2013, but I want to migrate to Zimbra Collaboration Server 8.8.
I use imapsync for this.
There are identical users on both sides extreme@domain1.com and extreme@domain1.com

On the Zimbra side I run the script:

Code: Select all

imapsync --nosyncacls --subscribe --syncinternaldates \
--host1 192.168.5.250 --user1 extreme --password1 HelloExT --nosslcheck \
--host2 192.168.5.100 --user2 extreme@domain1.com --password2 HelloExT \
--regextrans2 's,^(Briefcase|Calendar|Contacts|Emailed Contacts|Notebook|Tasks)(?=/|$), $1 Folder,ig' \
--exclude '(?i)\b(Calendar|Contacts|Emailed Contacts|Notebook \Contacts|Contacts)\b'

and after this all letters are transmitted correctly!

But there are errors during migration Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Agenda.

Please advise how to migrate Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Agenda from Exchange to Zimbra
Thx.

Re: Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 pm
by vavai
Hi,
extreme wrote:Hello everyone!

Please advise how to migrate Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Agenda from Exchange to Zimbra
Thx.


Did you try Zimbra Migration Wizard? https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra-migration-tools/

Re: Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:10 pm
by extreme


tried install migration tools to my PC but have message to not install outlook, but he's installed x32

and create backups to my local outlook
tried use https://zimbra.org/extend/items/view/convert-exchange-to-zimbra-desktop-without-any-error and have same message to not installed outlook

Re: Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:09 pm
by L. Mark Stone
Audriga presented at the recent North American ACTIV8 Partner meeting in Texas.

They are a German-based commercial enterprise, so using their tool costs money. But they have moved millions of mailboxes and you can try it for free to see if it works for you.

https://www.groupware-migration.com/en.html

Hope that helps,
Mark

Re: Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:23 pm
by extreme
L. Mark Stone wrote:Audriga presented at the recent North American ACTIV8 Partner meeting in Texas.
They are a German-based commercial enterprise, so using their tool costs money. But they have moved millions of mailboxes and you can try it for free to see if it works for you.
https://www.groupware-migration.com/en.html
Hope that helps,
Mark

Thank you for your help Mark. Interesting project.
[url]groupware-migration.com[/url] on Steps - Configure accounts I have problem authentication

I want to use some other system for migration (imapsync, free) and then run it on zimbra (ActiveSync (EAS))

Please advise if it is possible to use zimbra 8.8 FOSS use Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) ? (Agenda,Contacts...)

Re: Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:21 pm
by L. Mark Stone
ActiveSync is a Microsoft product, so you need Network Edition or ZeXtras Mobile to use it.

Mark

Re: Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am
by extreme
L. Mark Stone wrote:ActiveSync is a Microsoft product, so you need Network Edition or ZeXtras Mobile to use it.
Mark

Thank you, it's clear
I found solution Z-Push, you know it works correctly?

but I still can not migrade all the information from my old exchange
I have migrated to a file with my outlook and export to zimbra. but users are many and one of them is hard to migrade
so the issue of contacts and calendar migration is still relevant :(
Thx

Re: Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:04 pm
by L. Mark Stone
Z-Push worked well in the past, but I've not seen a lot of posts in the past few years about it, so I can't say if it works or not.

For the Exchange migration, you can always export the calendars and contacts and then import them in to Zimbra, individually for each person.

Hope that helps,
Mark

Re: Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:39 pm
by extreme
L. Mark Stone wrote:Z-Push worked well in the past, but I've not seen a lot of posts in the past few years about it, so I can't say if it works or not.

For the Exchange migration, you can always export the calendars and contacts and then import them in to Zimbra, individually for each person.
Hope that helps,
Mark

Hi everyone.

I exported all contacts with my local outlook and imported to Zimbra 8.8 Server
and setup to zimbra Z-Push http://download.z-push.org/final/2.3/ download page
use that man to config.
1 https://vwiki.co.uk/Z-Push_v2_with_Zimbra
2 https://www.stefanseidel.info/Z-Push_on_Zimbra_8

and got a positive result in the activation of Active-Sync on a free Zimbra

First testing to android device, next to my outlook.
Aall results are success, but connecting to IOS 11+ not successful (can't install manual certificate)

I'm still looking for a method of mass synchronization if will be some ideas - write

Mark, thanks a lot

Re: Migration from exchange2013 to zimbra 8.8

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:23 pm
by it-ts@ags-it.com
Good morning,
my company is migrating from exchange 20013 to zimbra collaboration suite 8.8.
Is there a tool or a command able to perform a massive migration between the two servers?