LDAP Custom Attributes

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
gautam
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

LDAP Custom Attributes

Postby gautam » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:52 am

Hi,
I have added an attribute to the Zimbra schema called zimbraMigrationStatus. I would like this attribute to be part of the default COS.
I have added this attribute to the “zimbraCOS” objectclass and modified the value of this attribute (to some default value). This is not reflected when I create a new user!! I have to manually modify the user’s account for the attribute to have the default value.
Can this value be inherited to all new users for the particular COS? Where am I going wrong?
- Gautam

marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

LDAP Custom Attributes

Postby marcmac » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:42 am

[quote user="1344gautam"]Hi,
I have added an attribute to the Zimbra schema called zimbraMigrationStatus. I would like this attribute to be part of the default COS.
I have added this attribute to the “zimbraCOS” objectclass and modified the value of this attribute (to some default value). This is not reflected when I create a new user!! I have to manually modify the user’s account for the attribute to have the default value.
Can this value be inherited to all new users for the particular COS? Where am I going wrong?
- Gautam[/QUOTE]
You went wrong when you modified the ldap schema; not only are you pretty much dead in the water for any upgrade, you're going to have to rewrite a bunch of code to get it to do what you wanted in the first place.

Return to “Administrators”