Custom login screen for Zimbra

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
350fredano

Postby 350fredano » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:30 am

I want to customize the login screen of the webmail client?

The Login screen says Username (instead of email address) and some users get confused about this and complain about login failures because they don't enter their full email address to associate with a domain. My server is hosting more than one domain. :confused:
Also is it possible to add a company logo on the login screen and the main web mail screen? How can I do it? I do not exactly want to remove the Zimbra logo but I want to add something that will say something about my site. Is there a file that I need to hack to do this?
Also is there a way of passing parameters to Zimbra through http so that I can bypass the defacto Zimbra login screen?
I am using ZCS 4.5.3 Network Edition.

alimovz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby alimovz » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:43 am

Every caption you see on the login screen comes from a file that has all messages listed in it. It is somewhere in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/zimbra/. What you should do is find a more or less unique phrase from that login screen and run

grep "your phrase" /opt/zimbra/tomcat/zimbra/* -R

You will get a couple of files that hold that phrase. One of them will be the one that controls all the text in the entire web client. So you simply modify that file and get you need.
Good luck
htin

Postby htin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:31 pm

[quote user="350fredano"]I want to customize the login screen of the webmail client?
Also is it possible to add a company logo on the login screen and the main web mail screen? How can I do it? I do not exactly want to remove the Zimbra logo but I want to add something that will say something about my site. Is there a file that I need to hack to do this?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure this is the best way to do, but that is what I did.

Modified '/opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/logos/LoginBanner.png'
dijichi2
Elite member
Elite member

Postby dijichi2 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:20 am

[QUOTE]I'm not sure this is the best way to do, but that is what I did.

Modified '/opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/logos/LoginBanner.png'[/QUOTE]
Note unless you are using the Network Edition, you must NOT alter this file, it's part of the license and condition of using the opensource version! The zimbra logo must remain, unaltered, on the login page, and the web interface. You can change the position of the logo with regards to the skin, but it must remain visible as is.
htin

Postby htin » Tue May 01, 2007 12:28 pm

[quote user="dijichi2"]Note unless you are using the Network Edition, you must NOT alter this file, it's part of the license and condition of using the opensource version! The zimbra logo must remain, unaltered, on the login page, and the web interface. You can change the position of the logo with regards to the skin, but it must remain visible as is.[/QUOTE]
Of course, Zimbra logo and all other info are clearly displayed. I just add our info, so clients who login wonÂ’t confuse. I'm proud to show that we are using Zimbra.
Anyway, thanks for your reminder dijichi2!
mansuper
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mansuper » Wed May 02, 2007 11:06 pm

Hi
I changed the image at "/opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/logos/LoginBanner.png but" found that I cannot see any image now while logging to Zimbra. Even for the new image, I used the same name.
I also restarted tomcat and zimbra services too.
Is there anything else I have to do?
Thanks in advance
htin

Postby htin » Thu May 03, 2007 10:09 am

[quote user="mansuper"]Hi
I changed the image at "/opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/skins/_base/logos/LoginBanner.png but" found that I cannot see any image now while logging to Zimbra. Even for the new image, I used the same name.
I also restarted tomcat and zimbra services too.
Is there anything else I have to do?
Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
Try to put original image back and see you got it back. Then problem will be format of your new image. If not, you might have some other problem. I didn't need to restart any services. Put new image and just refresh the browser. That's all I did. I edit my image with GIMP.
Hope
that will help,
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby mmorse » Thu May 03, 2007 10:30 am

[quote user="alimovz"]Every caption you see on the login screen comes from a file that has all messages listed in it. It is somewhere in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/zimbra/. What you should do is find a more or less unique phrase from that login screen and run

grep "your phrase" /opt/zimbra/tomcat/zimbra/* -R

You will get a couple of files that hold that phrase. One of them will be the one that controls all the text in the entire web client. So you simply modify that file and get you need.

[/QUOTE]

It's mainly in:

/opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/ZmMsg.properties
ZhMsg.properties would be html client obviously
mansuper
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mansuper » Thu May 03, 2007 9:09 pm

[quote user="htin"]Try to put original image back and see you got it back. Then problem will be format of your new image. If not, you might have some other problem. I didn't need to restart any services. Put new image and just refresh the browser. That's all I did. I edit my image with GIMP.
Hope
that will help,[/QUOTE]
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I did it. But, I lost the original image too. Even the image I tried to use was in .PNG format of the same size. Can anyone know what the problem could be? How to resolve it?
Thanks
350fredano

Postby 350fredano » Fri May 04, 2007 5:19 am

You may want to check the permisions of the new file you created. Also ownership of the files. Did you create or copy the file while logged in as root?
[quote user="mansuper"]Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I did it. But, I lost the original image too. Even the image I tried to use was in .PNG format of the same size. Can anyone know what the problem could be? How to resolve it?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Return to “Administrators”