Unified Communication

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Desrae

Unified Communication

Postby Desrae » Tue May 01, 2007 9:16 am

Hello,
I work in a campus environment, and am researching various options to provide our users with a unified communications solution. We are on the cusp of replacing or upgrading our PBX and voice mail. We are also looking at replacing our email system, and are looking very closely at Zimbra. I'm wondering if there is a way that the two replacements could be combined in such a way as to provide us with unified messaging, or even better, unified communications. Thoughts?
Desrae

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Unified Communication

Postby phoenix » Tue May 01, 2007 10:07 am

Welcome to the forums.
Is this the sort of thing you're talking about?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Desrae

Unified Communication

Postby Desrae » Tue May 01, 2007 10:20 am

Yes, this is the sort of thing I'm talking about. I am wondering if anyone is using it yet, and, if so, how its going. Also, if anything other than asterisk will be supported.
13219Satoru

Unified Communication

Postby 13219Satoru » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 am

Are there any update or road map for voice mail function like as comcast smartzone, in 5.5 NE and FOSS?
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Unified Communication

Postby mmorse » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:22 am

There are no plans for a voice tab/visual voice mail in 5.5

You can checkout some open-source code under places like BRANCH/ZimbraWebClient/WebRoot/js/zimbraMail/voicemail but a lot of that has associated customer specific code that attaches to it.
The two Asterisk Zimlets on the other hand are occasionally tweaked - 5.0.7 had: Bug 27898 - Asterisk Zimlet: Allow select of target server
1710nle

Unified Communication

Postby 1710nle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:29 am

Ther a re lots of unified communications solutions like Microsoft Office Communications Server, Alcatel OmniTouch Unified Communication, Avaya One X, IBM SameTime Unified Telephony, Cisco Unified Communication Manager...

I know that there's an interoperability between these products and Outlook Exchange ou Lotus Note... This interoperability allows services like unified messaging...

But I'd like to know if there's also an interoperability between these product and Zimbra messaging server.

Do you have some informations about it?
dagar
Advanced member
Advanced member

Unified Communication

Postby dagar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 pm

I am curious about integration with SwitchVox since that is a digium product. I have tried the asterisk zimlet and that does not work with SwitchVox.

Derek
leroygerry

Unified Communication

Postby leroygerry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:06 am

[quote user="Desrae"]Hello,
I work in a campus environment, and am researching various options to provide our users with a unified communications solution. We are on the cusp of replacing or upgrading our PBX and voice mail. We are also looking at replacing our email system, and are looking very closely at Zimbra. I'm wondering if there is a way that the two replacements could be combined in such a way as to provide us with unified messaging, or even better, unified communications. Thoughts?
Desrae[/QUOTE]
There are cloud-based solutions provider that can provide you with your requirement.

Return to “Administrators”