postfix logs

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
hardaur

postfix logs

Postby hardaur » Mon May 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Hey all, just finished installing a new Zimbra server that I'm migrating from an old postfix gateway -> exchange 2003 system. So far things seem to be running very smooth. However, I'd like to get a look at postfix's logs, and I can't seem to find where it's logging. I've searched the forums and it seems to be that /var/log/zimbra.log is where it should be directed, yet I'm not seeing anything from postfix (or spamassassin, clamav, etc).
It would do wonders for my peace of mind if I could see these in action. Any ideas where to look?
Thanks,

H

soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

postfix logs

Postby soxfan » Mon May 21, 2007 12:51 pm

What version of Zimbra are you running and under what OS? I'm running FOSS version 4.5.5 on CentOS 4.4. I see postfix and amavis (clamav/spam) messages in /var/log/messages, /var/log/maillog, and /var/log/zimbra.log.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

postfix logs

Postby phoenix » Mon May 21, 2007 12:52 pm

You should be seeing output from amavis and clam (/opt/zimbra/log/clamd.log has the update info) in the /var/log/zimbra.log - are you seeing anything in that log? You can also look at /opt/zimbra/logs/mailbox.log for mail info.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
riegersteve
Advanced member
Advanced member

postfix logs

Postby riegersteve » Mon May 21, 2007 12:55 pm

i use syslog-ng

but no need to go that far, just modify your /etc/syslog.conf file. and all will be good.
hardaur

postfix logs

Postby hardaur » Mon May 21, 2007 2:03 pm

It's the current Zimbra (FOSS 4.5) on Ubuntu 6.06.1.

[edit] I found it, was a config prob in syslog.conf. duh. Thanks all!

H

Return to “Administrators”