WebDAV and Briefcase

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Service
Elite member
Elite member

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby Service » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:21 am

In the version I'm currently running (Release 5.0.12_GA_2789.DEBIAN4.0 DEBIAN4.0 FOSS edition) updated a couple of days ago it still doesn't seem to be. Which I think is kind of strange, the implementation of predefined protocols in a wrong way (this obvious wrong) is a big shame... Especially when it's quite easy to fix, I've seen a resolution in the bugtracker, but I am unable to build the package myself. (And unfortunatly don't have the time available to do so)

Russianspi
Advanced member
Advanced member

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby Russianspi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:27 pm

No, I can't seem to make it work, either. I've kind of given up on it at this point. If it worked, I'd make frequent use of it across my organization. As is, I limp along without it. Zimbra IS a great product though, and we've been very pleased with our purchase of NE. As nice as it is, WebDAV hasn't been enough of an issue for me to bother filing a support ticket.
Blinkiz
Advanced member
Advanced member

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby Blinkiz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Have just started to use Zimbra and everything is not working alright. One thing i notice on this forum is staff members saying "use the search function" when a user asks something. Not very polite.
Like this webdav thread. Started more than a year ago. Zimbra does not support Windows Vista webdav. Okay, why ain't this fixed? Is it Microsoft's fault or Zimbra? Does Zimbra want to support things? Is Zimbra supporting webdav and Vista as operatingsystem? Maybe I have missed something? This thread is kinda old...

If the answer is, "open a bug report" or "vote on this bug report", am leaving zimbra right away!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby phoenix » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:53 am

[quote user="Blinkiz"]Have just started to use Zimbra and everything is not working alright. One thing i notice on this forum is staff members saying "use the search function" when a user asks something.[/QUOTE]That's usually because the question being asked has already been answered many times before. [quote user="Blinkiz"]Not very polite.[/QUOTE]Neither is wasting peoples time by not researching possible answers in the forums, that's what the search function is for. You do realise that everyone posting on these forums does it on a voluntary basis and when time allows, don't you?
[quote user="Blinkiz"]Like this webdav thread. Started more than a year ago. Zimbra does not support Windows Vista webdav. Okay, why ain't this fixed? Is it Microsoft's fault or Zimbra? Does Zimbra want to support things? Is Zimbra supporting webdav and Vista as operatingsystem? Maybe I have missed something? This thread is kinda old...[/QUOTE]
Have you actually looked in bugzilla or the Product Portal to see what the state of this problem is or the above reported bug? The forum is not a place for reporting bugs it's a place for discussion, they'll only get to the developers attention if a bug report is filed. You find a bug, you file it. You want some movement on a bug then you vote on it, number of votes (amongst other things) is one of the criteria on which priority is decided.
[quote user="Blinkiz"]If the answer is, "open a bug report" or "vote on this bug report", am leaving zimbra right away![/QUOTE]OK, that's your choice.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
Blinkiz
Advanced member
Advanced member

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby Blinkiz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:46 am

Hehe, nothing about why Zimbra hasn't implemented webdav support yet under Vista. The regular answer from a Zimbra staff member. "Is the users fault" :D

Bye bye
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby phoenix » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:11 am

[quote user="Blinkiz"]Hehe, nothing about why Zimbra hasn't implemented webdav support yet under Vista. The regular answer from a Zimbra staff member. "Is the users fault" :D [/QUOTE]It seems you can't read or simply don't understand how forums work. Nobody said it was 'the users fault' and the bug report has details of the problem. Looking at that would have told you when support was going to be implemented. Is there some philosophical reason you can't be bothered to look for yourself?

[quote user="Blinkiz"]Bye bye[/QUOTE]Goodbye.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
Kallisti
Advanced member
Advanced member

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby Kallisti » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:19 am

Hi Bill,
as one who does check bugzilla and the product portal I must agree that the communication from Zimbra regarding webdav is far from encouraging. Searching for webdav in bugzilla I find 20 open bugs, with three still unconfirmed, none specifically about vista.
Looking in the product portal I can see that one of the webdav bugs is number 9 on the most requested bugs. It was opened more than a year ago, has been assigned, but with no attention from the assignee. There is even a proposed patch (mentioned previously in this thread) but no response from jylee. I'm aware of the non-transparent way Zimbra uses bugzilla (suddenly this very productive guy cvsuser adds a lot of code) but if Bugzilla is not for communicating about a bug the forum might be a good place to use...
I'm still trying to get any webdav client (Vista, dav2fs, etc) to work reliably with Zimbra but it really is not working for me. So in my view Zimbra doesn't have support for webdav at this moment.

/K
Kallisti
Advanced member
Advanced member

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby Kallisti » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:12 am

Vista bug filed.

/K
bmw
Advanced member
Advanced member

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby bmw » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:56 pm

VOTE FOR THIS!!!! It shouldn't be an enhancement anymore. It is essential now.
WebDAV for Shared Folders found in a bug report over a year ago.

Bug 25811 - Webdav URL for a shared briefcase
Details

Summary: Webdav URL for a shared briefcase

Bug#: 25811

Product: ZCS

Component: Briefcase - Server

Resolution:

Client: NA

Version: 5.0.3_Franklin

Priority: P2

Severity: enhancement
ericortego

WebDAV and Briefcase

Postby ericortego » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I am using davfs2 to access the briefcase (zcs 6) and can read all the files fine but cannot update or add any new files. Any word on full dav support in zimbra?

Return to “Administrators”