Flooding logs in /var/log/zimbra.log, zimbra-stats.log, maillog, messages

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
evalee

Flooding logs in /var/log/zimbra.log, zimbra-stats.log, maillog, messages

Postby evalee » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 am

Hello~~
I have a problem with my log files...my /var/log/zimbra-stat.log, zimbra.log, maillog, messages log file sizes flooded in second...
fyi, my os is a Redhat based 64-bit installation, CentOS release 6.3 (Final)

Zimbra network edition 8.0.1, I have a mail server (ldap master) and a mta server (ldap replica) installed separately.
all the installation is based on the multiserver installation guide 8.0 given from the zimbra official website,

my log files gone crazy after i configured the rsyslog.conf and restart rsyslog as described on this link
furthermore">http://www.zimbra.com/docs/ne/8.0.0/multi_server_install/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=ZCS_Multiserver_Network_8.0.Final_Set-Up.html
furthermore
, the log updates is like crazy non-stop when i view it in real time by using the tail -f /var/log/zimbra-stats.log command
Does anyone know how to solve this? I'm stuck. Please help!

user101

Re: Flooding logs in /var/log/zimbra.log, zimbra-stats.log, maillog, messages

Postby user101 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 am

Hi,

Have you find the solution for this ? Have same problem on upgrade from 8.7.0 to 8.7.5 on CentOS .
Multiserver setup demo env without traffic , zimbra-stats.log grows 250MB/s without stopping. I had to disable rsyslog atm.
user101

Postby user101 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:52 pm

I located issue , the rsyslog was missconfigured and had multiple loops which increased ~2KB/s of traffic to ~250MB/s .
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.6.0 Patch 8

Postby L. Mark Stone » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 pm

user101 wrote:I located issue , the rsyslog was missconfigured and had multiple loops which increased ~2KB/s of traffic to ~250MB/s .

Can you provide some specifics so others with this problem can reference the solution that worked for you, and, would you consider filing a bug report please?

Thanks,
Mark
Zeta Alliancehttp://www.zetalliance.org/
user101

Postby user101 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:10 pm

I am not sure if this was due to users configuration (not my server) or upgrade issue.

But in rsyslog they had additional facilities that used servers FQDN and later same ones that used local /var/log/zimbra... + one server that is unreachable from that one.
It could be relic configuration and that before stats and rsyslog for zimbra was not working but when I reconfigured it it started looping.

Return to “Administrators”