Zimbra REST API Multi Server Environment

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ctss

Postby ctss » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 am

When using the Zimbra REST API in a multi-server environment, must requests for data for a user that is hosted on a particular be directed to that server, or is there some routing performed from other servers to enable requests against a single server?
Many thanks.

speno
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby speno » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:29 pm

You can send the request directly to any of your mailbox servers and it should work. It worked that way with the SOAP API the last time I tested it. Might be nice for the proxy to be able to handle these kinds of requests though.
ctss

Postby ctss » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:33 pm

To confirm that answer: I have set up two servers and requests to either for data on either work (mostly) correctly.
I am however seeing an issue with the REST API when attempting to access a folder on server b when the request is made to server a when the folder name contains spaces. Requests for a folder on server a via server a work correctly with spaces. I've encoded everything correctly.
EDIT: a workaround for the issue above is to make SOAP requests to any server and to make REST requests only to the zimbraMailHost for the user in question.
speno
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby speno » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:34 pm

[quote user="ctss"]

I am however seeing an issue with the REST API when attempting to access a folder on server b when the request is made to server a when the folder name contains spaces. Requests for a folder on server a via server a work correctly with spaces. I've encoded everything correctly.[/QUOTE]
Check for a known bug, and file one if there isn't one. :-)
ctss

Postby ctss » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:28 am

Bug logged.
Due to this problem and another related to restricting date ranges, I've switched to the SOAP API for everything.

Return to “Administrators”