Zimbra 8.0.4 processes consumes too much cpu time and web UI slower.

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:20 am

[quote user="syntec"]I also submitted a new case to the support portal.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info, I'd suggest at least a 4GB minimum for any recent version of ZCS and I believe the documentation will (possibly) be changed to reflect that.

Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
GlooM
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby GlooM » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:59 pm

When I use Zimbra 8.0.3 on my old server RAM utilization was 5,7 Gb (6 Gb total availible). After migrate zimbra to another server and upgrade it to 8.0.4 memory utilization was 7,8 Gb (8 Gb total availible). Is that normal? Server OS - Ubuntu 12.04 (clean install with SSH role only + zimbra - no other soft).
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:11 am

[quote user="GlooM"]When I use Zimbra 8.0.3 on my old server RAM utilization was 5,7 Gb (6 Gb total availible). After migrate zimbra to another server and upgrade it to 8.0.4 memory utilization was 7,8 Gb (8 Gb total availible). Is that normal? Server OS - Ubuntu 12.04 (clean install with SSH role only + zimbra - no other soft).[/QUOTE]Linux uses RAM as a cache so seeing that sort of memory usage is normal but then you're not actually giving any details about what's actually consuming RAM on your server.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
syntec

Postby syntec » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:01 am

Zimbra Support told us to go through
Performance Tuning Guidelines for Large Deployments - Zimbra :: Wiki
We didn't have a chance to apply all performance tips but some of them seem to work. Things we changed:
Network Stack

net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout=15

net.ipv4.tcp_tw_reuse=1

net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle=1
JVM Local Config

zmlocalconfig -e zimbra_require_interprocess_security=0
MySQL

innodb_max_dirty_pages_pct = 10

innodb_flush_method = O_DIRECT
Currently it seems that those measures helped us.
victorhugops

Postby victorhugops » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:48 pm

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Thanks for the info, I'd suggest at least a 4GB minimum for any recent version of ZCS and I believe the documentation will (possibly) be changed to reflect that.[/QUOTE]
Hi Phoneix,
Maybe you don't see, but all people in this thread wrote the same: "before install/upgrade/apply the 8.0.4, the system work very well in the same machine, with the same SO and the same amount of RAM".... in other words, no change of hardware, only software....
For me, the problem isn't in the SO configuration or hardware... the problem is in the 8.0.4 version.
after many posts, did you continue thinking that the problem is in other side ??
thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:30 am

[quote user="victorhugops"]after many posts, did you continue thinking that the problem is in other side ??[/QUOTE]..... and like everyone else in this thread you're not providing any evidence about where the problem lies other than saying 'me too', that's not sufficient information with which to diagnose the problem. In pots #27 there is a comment that there's no bugs filed for this problem and a request for information, when is someone going to file a report and provide the required information to help diagnose the problem? Filing a comment in these forums has no effect on whether the developers look at the supposed problem, it needs to be filed in bugzilla. So, if you have the same problem then provide the required information and bug report.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
vadonka

Postby vadonka » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:51 am

this problem is very strange, but you both right.

i had this problem right after the 8.0.4 installed, however after i install a clean OS and move the /opt/zimbra folder to this new server my problem was gone. since then our zimbra server working flawless.

so something is related to the zimbra and the OS together if the OS is an in place upgraded.
ciprianl

Postby ciprianl » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello, after reading all related posts regarding "cpu high load after upgrade", and of course with no results, I realised there is another process, started by root, keytool, also eating too much from cpu. I don't know if is the same for you, but in my case did solve the problem, so I think I don't hurt anybody if share : I've reinstalled certificates and everything is working fine now....I am enjoying a 0.10 load on my server now

Return to “Administrators”