[HOWTO] Domain Admin rights in Zimbra OSE 8.x

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
prabin
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:56 am

Re: [HOWTO] Domain Admin rights in Zimbra OSE 8.x

Postby prabin » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:33 pm

ccelis5215 wrote:
prabin wrote:Hello,

Is it possible to allow the domain admin to only list the account and change the account password? But admin should not be allowed to create a new account.

Regards,
Prabin


Yes, you can. Just read and test the grants in the OP..

ccelis



I tried deleting a few lines in the script that is used to grand normal user domain admin, but it didn't work. Can you please guide me through this.

Thanking you in advance.


User avatar
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:04 am
Location: Caracas - Venezuela
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.0.9.GA.6191.UBUNTU12.64 FOSS

Re: [HOWTO] Domain Admin rights in Zimbra OSE 8.x

Postby ccelis5215 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:30 pm

Try this

Code: Select all

zmprov ca delegated@domain.com 12345678 zimbraIsDelegatedAdminAccount TRUE zimbraAdminConsoleUIComponents accountListView
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com +changeAccountPassword
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com countAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -createAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -modifyAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -renameAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -deleteAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com +setAccountPassword
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -setAdminConsoleAccountsInfoTab
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com adminConsoleSavedSearchRights
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com adminConsoleAccountRights


ccelis
prabin
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:56 am

Re: [HOWTO] Domain Admin rights in Zimbra OSE 8.x

Postby prabin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:58 am

ccelis5215 wrote:Try this

Code: Select all

zmprov ca delegated@domain.com 12345678 zimbraIsDelegatedAdminAccount TRUE zimbraAdminConsoleUIComponents accountListView
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com +changeAccountPassword
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com countAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -createAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -modifyAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -renameAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -deleteAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com +setAccountPassword
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -setAdminConsoleAccountsInfoTab
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com adminConsoleSavedSearchRights
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com adminConsoleAccountRights


ccelis


Thank You very much. Really appreciate your help.
prabin
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:56 am

Re: [HOWTO] Domain Admin rights in Zimbra OSE 8.x

Postby prabin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:25 am

prabin wrote:
ccelis5215 wrote:Try this

Code: Select all

zmprov ca delegated@domain.com 12345678 zimbraIsDelegatedAdminAccount TRUE zimbraAdminConsoleUIComponents accountListView
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com +changeAccountPassword
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com countAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -createAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -modifyAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -renameAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -deleteAccount
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com +setAccountPassword
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com -setAdminConsoleAccountsInfoTab
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com adminConsoleSavedSearchRights
zmprov grr domain domain.com usr delegated@domain.com adminConsoleAccountRights


ccelis


Thank You very much. Really appreciate your help.



Hello,

Sorry for disturbing you again.
Just one query.
Is it possible to revoke the rights that we had assigned previously? If yes can you please provide me the way.

Thanking you in advance.
User avatar
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:04 am
Location: Caracas - Venezuela
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.0.9.GA.6191.UBUNTU12.64 FOSS

Re: [HOWTO] Domain Admin rights in Zimbra OSE 8.x

Postby ccelis5215 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Just...

Code: Select all

zmprov ma delegated@comain.com zimbraIsDelegatedAdminAccount FALSE

ccelis
prabin
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:56 am

Re: [HOWTO] Domain Admin rights in Zimbra OSE 8.x

Postby prabin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 am

ccelis5215 wrote:Just...

Code: Select all

zmprov ma delegated@comain.com zimbraIsDelegatedAdminAccount FALSE

ccelis



Thank You
gogegota
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:53 am

Re: [HOWTO] Domain Admin rights in Zimbra OSE 8.x

Postby gogegota » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:29 pm

hi

i have an issue, already tried that script and running it, but i can't login on admin console using that account, how should i check what is wrong, any suggestion ?



thx

Return to “Administrators”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests