all Zimbra Administration Server Status are red after new installation

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
54cc54

Postby 54cc54 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:32 am

Hi,
I installed Zimbra open source 8.06 at CentOS 6.2 x64 edition. After complete installation, all Zimbra administration server status are red, but the zmcontrol status are ok. I checked the installation step at admin guide, the last step have a little different ( the admin guide is configure and enable syslog daemon, but centos is rsyslog daemon ).
Please advise me how to resolve my problem.
Best Regards,
Jackson Ku

dik23
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby dik23 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 pm

From my experience zmcontrol status is more accurate than the admin gui. The admin gui often tells me things are down after a reboot when zmcontrol status tells me they're up. After a while the gui catches up.
54cc54

Postby 54cc54 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Ye, I understand, but the all Zimbra administration server status always down even the zmcontrol status are ok...
oczek

Postby oczek » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:58 am

[quote user="54cc54"]Ye, I understand, but the all Zimbra administration server status always down even the zmcontrol status are ok...[/QUOTE]
You need to properly configure rsyslog to save information to appropriate files. Or install syslog-ng on Centos and use configuration from Zimbra
czguy
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby czguy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:33 am

Agreed with the rsyslog. Although even with proper configuration I've seen this Admin Gui behavior sporadically even though the services are running properly. I'm on 8.0.6 as well and have seen this in previous versions. I tend to ignore it as long as zmcontrol shows services running.

Return to “Administrators”