disclaimer not working in 8.06 FOSS

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ypong
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby ypong » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:07 am

I have an existing 7.2.4 environment where the disclaimer is working, by setting the following:

zmprov mcf zimbraDomainMandatoryMailSignatureEnabled TRUE

zmprov mcf zimbraDomainMandatoryMailSignatureText "disclaimer"

zmprov mcf zimbraDomainMandatoryMailSignatureHTML "disclaimer"
I'm doing a test upgrade from 7.2.4 to 8.06, and the disclaimer has stopped working.
I've checked the /var/log/zimbra.log to make sure amavis is working on my emails, and in /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf, all the /disclaimer settings seem correct:

@altermime_args_disclaimer = qw(--verbose --disclaimer=/opt/zimbra/data/altermime/_OPTION_.txt --disclaimer-html=/opt/zimbra/data/altermime/_OPTION_.html );

$defang_maps_by_ccat{+CC_CATCHALL} = ['disclaimer'];

@disclaimer_options_bysender_maps = (

{ '.' => 'global-default' },

);

allow_disclaimers => 1, # enables disclaimer insertion if available

I've checked that the /opt/zimbra/data/altermime/global-default* files are there and have the right permissions (owned by zimbra)
I tried to "reset" by setting zimbraDomainMandatoryMailSignatureEnabled FALSE, zmamavisdctl restart, then change to TRUE and restart again.
any ideas as to why this isn't working in 8.06? As mentioned, I went through the same steps for 7.x. and it worked in that platform.

ypong
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby ypong » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:12 am

I created a new test install, and checked the differences. Found out that if I turn on AV, the disclaimer works.
Previously, in 7.x, just turning on AS would allow the global disclaimer to work.
Does anybody know any way around this? I don't need the AV component, since I have an AS/AV scanner in front of incoming external emails already.

Return to “Administrators”