Authentication to relay

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
cjm51213

Authentication to relay

Postby cjm51213 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:18 am

Hi Folks,
$ zmcontrol -v

Release 8.0.6_GA_5922.RHEL6_64_20131203103705 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition.
Recently I've begun to suspect that my Zimbra server is free-lancing. I see outbound message counts that I can't possibly explain. Also, I'm aware of the GNUTLS bug. I believe my server is set to permit message relay only to authenticated users. This raises the interesting question, "What is an authenticated user?".
I know if I present a username/password pair, then I am permitted to relay, because that is how I do it. Suppose, a user does not have a username/password pair? Can a user authenticate for relay with an X.509 certificate alone? Meaning, does the GNUTLS bug permit message relay?
Thanks for the help,
Chris.

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Authentication to relay

Postby phoenix » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 am

[quote user="cjm51213"]I know if I present a username/password pair, then I am permitted to relay, because that is how I do it. Suppose, a user does not have a username/password pair? Can a user authenticate for relay with an X.509 certificate alone? Meaning, does the GNUTLS bug permit message relay?[/QUOTE]Zimbra uses openSSl not GNUTILS and is not subject to 'bug', an authenticated user is one that signs in with a valid username & password or is on your Trusted Network.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra

Return to “Administrators”