Zimbra DnD ( Drag and Drop ) Extension 6.0.6?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
MACscr
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby MACscr » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:37 am

Should drag and drop from desktop to briefcase be using in newer versions of zimbra and modern versions of Chrome? Im not finding a lot of information on the feature and its not working for me with NE 7.1.4 and Chrome 17.

ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Postby ewilen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:09 pm

I don't think that DnD to briefcase is working for any browser under ZCS 7.x, even if it may (?) have been working for certain browsers under some versions of 6.0.x.
Bug 48167 – Support DnD to add files to Briefcase is still open.
danielfarrelly
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby danielfarrelly » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:23 pm

we're probably gonna have to wait for Project Octopus to get rollin' VMware: VMware End-User Computing Blog: VMworld 2011: TECH PREVIEW -- VMware Project Octopus
MACscr
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby MACscr » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:04 pm

[quote user="danielfarrelly"]we're probably gonna have to wait for Project Octopus to get rollin' VMware: VMware End-User Computing Blog: VMworld 2011: TECH PREVIEW -- VMware Project Octopus[/QUOTE]
Thats pretty much a completely different technology that i doubt we will see till the second half of 2012 at the earliest. Id rather the zimbra team to just get existing technology to work instead. Its already working for attachments, why not extend it to work with the briefcase? I swear Ive seen that it already works for some people.
danielfarrelly
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby danielfarrelly » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:19 pm

[quote user="MACscr"]Thats pretty much a completely different technology that i doubt we will see till the second half of 2012 at the earliest. Id rather the zimbra team to just get existing technology to work instead. Its already working for attachments, why not extend it to work with the briefcase? I swear Ive seen that it already works for some people.[/QUOTE]
completely different technology? could you be more specific cause i'm not quite sure what that means, and i would love to be enlightened.

Return to “Administrators”