Modifying junk/no junk behavior

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
7310pyperdown

Postby 7310pyperdown » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:05 pm

We use a third party spam blocker. It does a better job than zimbra/spamassassin/amavis is doing, and incorporates some other methods of spam/ham determination. I have managed to hide the junk/not junk buttons in order to avoid user confusion.
I would like to be able to have the junk/not junk buttons forward the message to junk/not junk email addresses in addition to the default behavior.
Not sure how to proceed here, and where the existing code for this functionality might be living.
I would prefer to do this as a zimlet or other modular fashion to avoid breakage due to software upgrades.

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:04 am

[quote user="7310pyperdown"]I would prefer to do this as a zimlet or other modular fashion to avoid breakage due to software upgrades.[/QUOTE]Why not just go to the Admin UI and set a forwarding address in the account?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
7310pyperdown

Postby 7310pyperdown » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:01 pm

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Why not just go to the Admin UI and set a forwarding address in the account?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but what I need to do in order to integrate the other product is forward spam mail to one address, ham to another.
When you say set a forwarding address in the account WHICH account are you speaking of? Where in the Admin UI?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm

[quote user="7310pyperdown"]Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but what I need to do in order to integrate the other product is forward spam mail to one address, ham to another.
When you say set a forwarding address in the account WHICH account are you speaking of?[/QUOTE]You're talking about the spam/ham account behaviour aren't you? It would be a modification to them.
[quote user="7310pyperdown"]Where in the Admin UI?[/QUOTE]They're in the Admin UI under 'Accounts'.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby 1542brian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:58 pm

If you aren't using the internal AS/AV, then just set the global attributes

zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount and zimbraSpamIsNotSpamAccount to the external account names you want to receive the reports at.
7310pyperdown

Postby 7310pyperdown » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:25 pm

[quote user="1542brian"]If you aren't using the internal AS/AV, then just set the global attributes

zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount and zimbraSpamIsNotSpamAccount to the external account names you want to receive the reports at.[/QUOTE]

Just to be sure I understand you correctly...
as the zimbra user...
zmprov mcf zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount spam@a-non-zimbra-server
will now forward spam mail to this account when the junk button is clicked?
and
zmprov mcf zimbraSpamIsNotSpamAccount notspam@a-non-zimbra-server
will do the same with regard to the not junk button?

Return to “Administrators”