[SOLVED] ZCS-ZCS Migration in 7.0?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
1230zaf
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby 1230zaf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi,

On viewing the "What's new?" information for 7.0 - Group calendar software, document sharing, address book sharing: New Features from Zimbra - under "Other Notable Management Enhancements" it says "Zimbra Server Migration and Import. Choose to import accounts from other Zimbra Servers and Directories."
I haven't been able to find any other information about this anywhere. Can someone elaborate on what that means, as a new feature for 7.0? Is there a big improvement in migration that would help someone migrate data from a 6.0 install to a 7.0 install?

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:51 am

[quote user="1230zaf"]Hi,

On viewing the "What's new?" information for 7.0 - Group calendar software, document sharing, address book sharing: New Features from Zimbra - under "Other Notable Management Enhancements" it says "Zimbra Server Migration and Import. Choose to import accounts from other Zimbra Servers and Directories."
I haven't been able to find any other information about this anywhere. Can someone elaborate on what that means, as a new feature for 7.0? Is there a big improvement in migration that would help someone migrate data from a 6.0 install to a 7.0 install?[/QUOTE]ItÂ’s a fairly self explanatory wizard, it will get account information from other (LDAP) servers and provision them and migrate their email to a Zimbra server, the [URL=Admin Guide[/URL] has the details round about p81.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
1230zaf
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby 1230zaf » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:50 am

Thanks! Don't know how I missed that the first two times I went through the admin guide.

Return to “Administrators”