[SOLVED] Error : You can't use locks with log tables (after upgrade to ZCS OSE 7)

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
kpod13

[SOLVED] Error : You can't use locks with log tables (after upgrade to ZCS OSE 7)

Postby kpod13 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi all!
Recently, I updated the ZCS OSE from version 6.0.10 GA Release to 7.0.0 GA Release. After the upgrade, I get error notifications MySQL:

$ /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=mypass mysql.general_log

mysql.general_log

Error : You can't use locks with log tables.

mysql.slow_log

Error : You can't use locks with log tables.

This is a bug MySQL? Everything works fine, but annoying these messages. How can I fix this bug? Thanks for your help!

mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby mmorse » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:22 pm

As it's on mysql.general_log and mysql.slow_log you can probably ignore it / I get the same.
Assuming libexec/zmdbintregityreport -v is otherwise fine with no 'table upgrade required / repair table' messages suggesting you would have to run libexec/scripts/mibrate20100913-Mysql51.pl
Running table checks implicitly locks the table (equivalent to executing 'LOCK TABLES') to prevent concurrency issues. The log engine is a table type (just like myisam and innodb) that was introduced in 5.1 which do not need - and thus do not support - locking. The mysql slow log and general log use said engine by default.
Long story short, the message you are seeing is harmless & will be addressed in MySQL Bugs: #30487: mysql_upgrade mislead. errors / mysqlcheck 'You can't use locks with log table.' or MySQL Bugs: #43829: mysql_upgrade and log tables
kpod13

Postby kpod13 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Mmorse, thanks for the quick reply! We'll wait for fixing bugs in future versions...
Houston

Postby Houston » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 am

http://dariodallomo.blogspot.com/2011/08/zimbra-error-mysql-table-upgrade.html">DARIO
DALL'OMO: Zimbra - Error MySql Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE xxx" or dump/reload to fix it!
bye
MACscr
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby MACscr » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:31 am

Its been 4 years now (MySQL Bugs: #30487: mysql_upgrade mislead. errors / mysqlcheck 'You can't use locks with log table.'), why hasnt this been resolved yet? As a paying customer, I expect bugs to be resolved in a timely manner.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:57 am

[quote user="MACscr"]Its been 4 years now (MySQL Bugs: #30487: mysql_upgrade mislead. errors / mysqlcheck 'You can't use locks with log table.'), why hasnt this been resolved yet? As a paying customer, I expect bugs to be resolved in a timely manner.[/QUOTE]Why don't you ask Oracle, that's a MySQL bug (you've even quoted the MySQL bug report) and not a Zimbra bug.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
MACscr
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby MACscr » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:02 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Why don't you ask Oracle, that's a MySQL bug (you've even quoted the MySQL bug report) and not a Zimbra bug.[/QUOTE]
You are totally right. My apologies. I have pretty much always had problems with zimbra updates, so was just frustrated after spending 4 hours this morning trying to resolve the issue and then eventually having to restore the backup. Ignore my oversight.
cfcpw

Postby cfcpw » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Why don't you ask Oracle, that's a MySQL bug (you've even quoted the MySQL bug report) and not a Zimbra bug.[/QUOTE]

I understand the table warning being a MySQL problem but is there a way I can stop MySQL from sending me the root MySQL password?
TNL

Postby TNL » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:19 am

I have the same problem and glad to know that the error means nothing but really nervous when see my root MySQL passwd is on the message.

Hopefully, it will resolve soon. :)
13335lindsey
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby 13335lindsey » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:22 pm

I respectfully disagree here. MySQL is bundled with Zimbra, and I paid for Zimbra. I didn't install MySQL on my own, I wouldn't have it there if Zimbra didn't put it there, and I certainly didn't pay for MySQL.
VMWare should do one or more of the following:
a) find the bug in MySQL and submit a bugfix

b) find the bug in MySQL and fix it in the Zimbra distribution

c) switch to a different database

d) hide the problem by filtering script output and redirecting it to /dev/null where applicable

e) change zmdbintegrityreport to not acknowledge those errors
Mailing out the mysql password nightly for four years isn't acceptable. Heck, I'm annoyed enough now that maybe I'll write my own patch for Zimbra.
Chris

Return to “Administrators”