Sorting files in Briefcase

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
vancedailey

Postby vancedailey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:43 am

Is there a way to control the order in which files in the Briefcase are displayed?
We store a large number of files in the Zimbra Briefcase (we use it like a BBS). Unfortunately the large number files in each folder makes it difficult to find a particular file.
If a default sort order existed (even if not controllable by the end user) that would be a great help.
If such a feature does not exist could it be added in a future release?
Thanks,

Vance

bsaxon

Postby bsaxon » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Does anyone know a way to manually sort files in a Briefcase alphabetically, possibly on the backend or somehow change the default sort?
We are looking to distribute a lot of PDFs to our users using the Briefcase feature, and this is only thing that is holding us back.
Right now, files in a briefcase will show up in the order in which they were added with the latest on the top; and there no options to change this. There's a bug/feature request (Bug 25220 – Ability to sort items in the briefcase alphabetically, by date, type, size, owner, etc.) to add this.
I'm looking for a workaround that I can use now. Anyone have any suggestions?
Even if I had to run a script everytime a new file was uploaded to resort the files that would even work.
The only "manual" solution I know is to delete all files and re-upload alphabetically whenever any file needs to be updated, which would be a huge pain and not a reasonable solution that we could actually use.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:24 am

There's no alternative until the implementation of bug you've mentioned.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
bsaxon

Postby bsaxon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:46 pm

I would be willing to put a bounty on this feature.
bsaxon

Postby bsaxon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:48 pm

Vote for this bug: Bug 25220 – Ability to sort items in the briefcase alphabetically, by date, type, size, owner, etc.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby uxbod » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:11 am

It will be actioned when the Z! PM team prioritise it so no need for a bounty :)

Return to “Administrators”