Zmmailboxmove Results in Corrupted Mailboxes

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
dustys
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Zmmailboxmove Results in Corrupted Mailboxes

Postby dustys » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:28 pm

We are working on migrating some mailboxes from one mailbox server to another. The issue we are running into is that only 60% of our transfers work the first time. Has anyone else see this issue?
From watching the logs (mailboxd.log, zmmailboxd.out, zimbra.log on both mailbox systems) I can see the backup starting. I watch the zmmove-.zip in the /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/ be created and build in size. Once the backup is complete I can see it create the SOAP(?) connection to the other mailbox server and send the file over.
On the second mailbox, the system seems to accept the file and begin to restore the account. All completes without errors, but when we try to login to the account it will stop loading at the Zimbra splash screen. If we flip to the standard client, you can view some of the mail, but clicking on anything causes the interface to become jumbled. (as a side note, the Quota reports 0 MB on these accounts, but the admin console reports them correctly).
The weird part is, after we fail a transfer, we flip the zimbraMailTransport & zimbraMailHost back to the original mailbox server, verify the account works and wait. Typically in an hour or so, we try the process again and it will work wonderfully. I haven't found a mailbox that completely won't transfer.
My question is, what else can we do to determine where the issue lies? Are there additional logs I'm unaware of?
Is there anything we can do to raise the probability of a zmmailbox move succeeding the first time?
Any assistance or information, would be appreciated!
Regards,

Dusty


dustys
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Zmmailboxmove Results in Corrupted Mailboxes

Postby dustys » Mon May 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Just thought I would give an update. We have completed our move using zmmailboxmove and it went quite smoothly with no corrupted accounts.
The issue seems to be with mailbox servers caching which mailbox server a specific mailbox sits on. So if a user hadn't logged in recently, the move worked and they could log in right away. If they had logged in recently, the user usually had to wait an hour or so for some cache to clear and they could login. Since we did a majority of the migrations overnight, it wasn't a big issue.
We did attempt a variety of 'zmprov fc' commands, with no success. Once things slow down, we will try to reproduce in a testing environment to see if we can find a solution.
Cheers,

Dusty

Return to “Administrators”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests