zimbra mail server and webserver setup help?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
nfear24
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby nfear24 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:50 pm

I currently have my zimbra mail server and another machine running my webserver. Everything is routed by ports from the firewall. For example people go to mail server by https://www.server.com:444 and webserver for webpage is directed to Server.com which is port 80.
I want to move my webserver to a hosting company to run my webpage but still want zimbra mail server running my mail server at home. Problem I run into is I can have my webpage on external server and point to that ip address for web page and have my mail via mx record go to zimbra machine but the zimbra mail client login page cant load then then?
How would I go about that? Hard to explain what I mean.

uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby uxbod » Tue May 26, 2009 1:36 am

Well why not just give your ZCS server a different FQDN eg. mail.yourdomain.xyz :confused:
nfear24
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby nfear24 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:10 am

[quote user="uxbod"]Well why not just give your ZCS server a different FQDN eg. mail.yourdomain.xyz :confused:[/QUOTE]
Ya, I was just curious if it could be done somehow without. That will be fine though. I will probably just do that.
Thanks

Return to “Administrators”