should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
atevewr
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:35 am

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby atevewr » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 am

Hi fellow admins,

I have a simple question for all the Zimbra Admins
As you all know, that v6.0 has been launched, should i upgrade from 5.0.18 right away or wait for some more time ??
Can you please share your experiences - good or bad with the upgrade. ?


iway
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:31 pm

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby iway » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:05 am

I'd wait, since there seem to be major problems in 6.0. See other forum posts/bugs.
Bill Brock
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:35 pm

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby Bill Brock » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:19 am

[quote user="iway"]I'd wait, since there seem to be major problems in 6.0. See other forum posts/bugs.[/QUOTE]
OUCH! The Zimbra team can't like that.
iway
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:31 pm

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby iway » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:36 am

Sure won't, but: Bug 40759 – Mailbox not accessible if folder is shared to a group with alises or a user with multiple zimbraMailDeliveryAddress and Bug 40737 – Zmrestoreldap cannot create directory

These are major things, so it looks like 6.0.1 will be squeezed in to address those major problems, pushing the original 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 (see: Zimbra Product Portal).
So, my opinion: Wait at least for 6.0.1
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:09 pm

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby gmsmith » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 am

Any major software release is bound to have bugs. 6.01 will be coming to address these, so have patience. In my opinion, those people who jump into a new major release without doing a full test upgrade, need to re-examine their change management procedures. So while Zimbra has always had some QA issues (remember the 5.0 launch), we also bear responsibility for ensure our environments work.
andremta
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:06 am

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby andremta » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:55 am

I have Zimbra 5.0.11 and I'm going to wait for 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 to upgrade.
I think at this point there is no point to update to 5.0.18, doesn't it?
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:21 pm

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby uxbod » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Yes; a major security breach was fixed. So I would recommend upgrading.
andremta
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:06 am

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby andremta » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Do you recommend to update/upgrade by now to version 5.0.18 or 6.0.0 ?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 26778
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:56 pm
Location: Liverpool, England

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby phoenix » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:58 am

[quote user="andremta"]Do you recommend to update/upgrade by now to version 5.0.18 or 6.0.0 ?[/QUOTE]Yes, you should upgrade.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
andremta
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:06 am

should i upgrade from v5.0.18 to v6.0

Postby andremta » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:14 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Yes, you should upgrade.[/QUOTE]
You were talking about 5.0.18 or 6.0.0?

Return to “Administrators”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests