Contact's "business" e-mail address is useless?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tkosig

Postby tkosig » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:46 am

Hi everyone,
I've also filed a support request for this but I was wondering, while the Zimbra engineers are looking into it - has anyone else experienced this behaviour:
[QUOTE]

We initially installed 5.0.18 but recently updated to 6.0.1. Since then my users have been complaining that the auto-complete function when filling in the receipients of an e-mail (TO field) does not work properly anymore.
Through testing on my own account I was able to establish that new contacts created with just a "business" e-mail address will not show up during the auto-complete process or when clicking on the TO button in the compose e-mail screen. Also the auto-complete feature will just search last name and e-mail address for matches but not the first name.

[/QUOTE]
I'd be grateful for any reply. I'm quite puzzled that creating a contact with just an e-mail address tagged "business" doesn't show up in the system at all (neither auto-complete nor when clicking the TO button in compose view). In fact those e-mail addresses tagged as "business" are completely ignored throughout ZCS.

Mike Scholes
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby Mike Scholes » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:52 pm

My testing confirms this is right, contacts with just a first name and contacts with just a business email address don't auto-complete and can't be found under the "To" dialog box search. Have to say for a business system not being able to auto-complete or search the business email is a bit of a clanger.
tkosig

Postby tkosig » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:17 am

Mike, I definitely agree. It seems like the changeover to the new address book layout/functionality comes fairly untested? At least I've found yet another bug - which IMHO is even more grave since it involves deleting user data:
[QUOTE]

Zimbra can actually delete user data when you update a contact from the standard HTML gui.
1. Create a contact in AJAX gui with both work and home e-mail address.

2. Switch to HTML gui and add a phone number to the contact. Save.

3. Go back to AJAX gui --> the work e-mail address is GONE

[/QUOTE]
We're using Zimbra in a business environment and I'm getting a lot of odd looks when I tell users that they can't create their business contacts so that they have "work" e-mail addresses. I hope this gets resolved very soon.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:26 am

[quote user="tkosig"]I hope this gets resolved very soon.[/QUOTE]It won't without a bug report being filed, search bugzilla to see if it's already there and vote on it or if it's not then file a report.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
tkosig

Postby tkosig » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:30 am

Hi Bill,
I know it won't get resolved without a bug report. Since I've already filed a support case for this issue I'll let the Zimbra engineer file the bug(s) if necessary to avoid creating duplicates in Zimbra's bugzilla database.
Best regards,

Timo
FOXIT

Postby FOXIT » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:11 pm

This has been filed as Bug 41144.

Return to “Administrators”