Company Logo - Zimbra Powered - Sharing the space?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mshanley
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mshanley » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:13 am

I have 20 years in IT mostly windows and novel... I have been using Linux a little the last two years and have decided to switch from Exchange to Zimbra Open source.
I am a little confused as to what the status is on adding a company logo to be used with Zimbra powered logo.
Here is the problems as I see it...
1) IT people have removed the Zimbra logo all together and zimbra wants people that use the system to know about zimbra and that the mail platform is powered by zimbra.

2) not an easy method / location /place to add a company logo to be shown with powered by zimbra

3) end users that log into the site without a company name or logo might be confused as all it says is zimbra.

Isn't there a way that we can do this so it's win/win...? Why should everyone pay for the mistakes of a few people that have removed your logo..? If the few people violate the license agreement can't something be done with them and not punishing everyone?
I think it's really important to show a partnership - all the effort to setup, install, maintain the zimbra system and then the display of the zimbra logo as the platform it's running on.. they should both be shown. I as well as others have no problem giving Zimbra the recognition that is deserves, but you also have to recognize our efforts as well.. the Zimbra community and forums have really helped you guys alot.. I am already a senior member... I think we do alot to help you guys with testing and bug notification etc.. this broad base is extremely useful.
You will gain public awareness by the technicians installing and telling others as well as the users using it...
I would like for there to be a way that we can show both a company name / logo and Zimbra.

2423bradb21
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby 2423bradb21 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:43 pm

You're getting free software and you're put off by the software vendor putting logo rebranding restrictions on you? With you using it for free... I don't see what is putting you off? If you don't like it, then buy the network version and those restrictions are lifted and you can do what you want with rebranding.
mshanley
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mshanley » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 pm

I did not say put off.. I said that we should be alllowed to "ADD" a company name.
2423bradb21
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby 2423bradb21 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:02 pm

You can... you just need to leave the "powered by Zimbra" in the rebrand. Small price to pay to use an email/groupware pkg for free. I personally paid for the software, so I don't have to worry about that restriction.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby mmorse » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Think I get what mshanley is saying.
He'd do 'Zimbra powered/inside' but the effort needed to edit and add you own logo is too high; so many just go ahead and replace our logo completely regardless of what's permitted in the license, but those same FOSS users (even some NE in the spirit of spreading open source) really wouldn't care about a Zimbra logo on the login screen as long as they can add their's too.
Filed Bug 41287 - Easier 'Zimbra Powered/Inside' Branding
mshanley
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mshanley » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Correct!

I think people just want a way to do it as easy as possible.. and so they end up replacing your logo...
How about someone helping with this and that wasy EVERYONE can be happy?

:)
[quote user="mmorse"]Think I get what mshanley is saying.
He'd do 'Zimbra powered/inside' but the effort needed to edit and add you own logo is too high; so many just go ahead and replace our logo completely regardless of what's permitted in the license, but those same FOSS users (even some NE in the spirit of spreading open source) really wouldn't care about a Zimbra logo on the login screen as long as they can add their's too.
Filed Bug 41287 - Easier 'Zimbra Powered/Inside' Branding[/QUOTE]

Return to “Administrators”