what to save to protect spam upgrades

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby bbarrons » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:24 am

I have 1 server that is running 5.0.18 and I had contemplated on upgrading it to 5.0.19. I worked pretty hard the last few weeks going thru conf files and setting up sanesecurity files. What files do I need to save and put back after an upgrade? What files are changed?

I know i have to put back my salocal.cf.in file but are the rest of the cf and conf files also overwritten during an upgrade?

thanks

Bill

bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby bbarrons » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:10 pm

wow, I posted this 12 hours ago and not 1 reply. I just wanted to know what files get overwritten on an upgrade. I didnt ask for help with spam control cuz no one seems to want to help with that either. sad
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:38 am

[quote user="bbarrons"]wow, I posted this 12 hours ago and not 1 reply.[/QUOTE]There are many reason that posts don't get answered in forums and don't forget that people posting here do so on a voluntray basis.
[quote user="bbarrons"]I just wanted to know what files get overwritten on an upgrade.[/QUOTE]You could have found that with a search, no modifications are guaranteed to be preserved during an upgrade.
[quote user="bbarrons"]I didnt ask for help with spam control cuz no one seems to want to help with that either. sad[/QUOTE]How can anyone help with something you've not asked about? :confused:
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby bbarrons » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:57 am

The generic reply is " you could have found that with a search", Please dont assume I didnt search. I read so much in the last 5 days and seemed to get different answers.

Yes, replies are voluntary, and I have gotten some very detailed help here in the past. and when I can, I also offered help....That is what a forum is for.... voluntary support.

As for spam, I was referring to other posts of mine and others that go ignored because " it has been asked and answered once before".

I find the search function on zimbra forums to be lacking. I get more results when searching google for info on zimbra forums than I do when searching here.

Sorry for the frustration but sometimes the little guy here gets treated like they are a nuisance.

Bill

Return to “Administrators”