Dead Email Server

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
drdre
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Dead Email Server

Postby drdre » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:14 am

hi all,
I setup a zimbra server for a NGO (non profit) group and left it for them to administrator with the backup scripts and so forth... sadly enough now they didnt go trhough with the backups nor did they put the machine on a ups..
so the worst happened... a power surge... and the motherboard got fried as well as one hard drive .. (had a raid setup).. but now i cant seem to boot up the CEntos .. it hangs...
so i was wondering.. if i am able to boot the machine up using knoppix.. iwll there be a way for me to recover the email ..then do a resort of the email ?
IT has zimbra 5.x on it.. please advice..

7211webman
Advanced member
Advanced member

Dead Email Server

Postby 7211webman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:12 am

That's unfortunate :(
You should be able to do it though - have a look at the blog post, moving ZCS to another server and/or wiki article.
drdre
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Dead Email Server

Postby drdre » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:19 pm

ok. .how can i double check what version of zimbra they were running.. its some time ago i set it up.. i know its a 5.x.. just not sure which .x release
drdre
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Dead Email Server

Postby drdre » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:11 pm

i think the drives are totally screwed now.. got the drive to load in Knoppix and all it is seeing is the /boot folder and nothing else :(

Return to “Administrators”