[SOLVED] Upgrade Misdetecting Number of Users

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
9139Mercer
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:39 pm

[SOLVED] Upgrade Misdetecting Number of Users

Postby 9139Mercer » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:39 pm

When upgrading from 4.5.7 to 4.5.9 (zcs-NETWORK-4.5.9_GA_1454.UBUNTU6) I am getting this error when running install.sh:


Current Users=28 Licensed Users=25

Warning: The number of users on this system (28) exceeds the licensed number

(25). You may continue with the upgrade, but you will not be able to create

new users. Also, initialization of the Document feature will fail. If you

later wish to use the Documents feature you'll need to resolve the licensing

issues and then run a separate script available from support to initialize the

Documents feature.
Do you wish to continue? [N]

However, in the admin console:
Accounts Limit:  25 ( 16 accounts have been used ) 

I have verified our correct license file is in /opt/zimbra/conf/ZCSLicense.xml.


mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 6036
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:24 pm

[SOLVED] Upgrade Misdetecting Number of Users

Postby mmorse » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi Mercer, could you open a support ticket so they can check why it's incorrectly reporting that you're using up 28 accounts? Thanks
9139Mercer
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:39 pm

[SOLVED] Upgrade Misdetecting Number of Users

Postby 9139Mercer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:21 pm

The install.sh script calls verifyLicenseAvailable() in util/utilfunc.sh, which runs 'zmprov gaa | wc -l' then subtracts 3. This over-simplified license check double-counts users with archiving turned on.
The more sophisticated license checks in the server component apparently handle these properly.
9139Mercer
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:39 pm

[SOLVED] Upgrade Misdetecting Number of Users

Postby 9139Mercer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:06 pm

A bug has been filed by mmorse on this issue:
Bug 21923 - upgrade misdetecting number of users by including archive accounts
User avatar
maumar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:28 pm

[SOLVED] Upgrade Misdetecting Number of Users

Postby maumar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:45 am

Hopeing to be not OT.

I have the same issue:

Admin Web Gui reports:
Accounts limit:	50 ( 44 accounts have been used ) 

I have no archive account.

zmprov reports:


zmprov -l gaa |wc -l

55


but...

of these 55 accounts, they have:



zmprov gas|wc -l

2

zmprov -l gaa |grep galsync|wc -l

4

zmprov -l gaa |grep wiki|wc -l

2

zmprov -l gaa |grep spam|wc -l

2

zmprov -l gaa |grep ham|wc -l

2

zmprov -l gaa |grep virus-quarantine|wc -l

1


they have 2 servers, and of 55 accounts,

2 are wiki

2 are spam

2 are ham

1 is virus-quarantine

4 are galsync
55 - 11 = 44 accounts
During upgrade, instead:



Checking for available license file...

Current Users=52 Licensed Users=50


as utils/utilfunc.sh counts 55 minus 3....
stiller
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:32 pm

[SOLVED] Upgrade Misdetecting Number of Users

Postby stiller » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:48 pm

I just noticed this behavior as well. Resource accounts are counted towards the license limit by the install/upgrade script. I think this behavior is new. I just managed to get it to pass by deleting an old wiki account.
stiller
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:32 pm

[SOLVED] Upgrade Misdetecting Number of Users

Postby stiller » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:51 pm

This seems to be a known bug which throws an incorrect error:

Bug 45953 – number of licenses read by install script for 6.0.6 upgrade incorrect

Safe to ignore.

Return to “Administrators”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests