[SOLVED] Firefox 3 Beta 3 won't login

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
jdell
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby jdell » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:14 pm

[quote user="jholder"]Hi John,

Sorry you're having trouble. Can you please perform the following:
su - zimbra

zmcontrol stop

rm -rf /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/*

zmcontrol start[/QUOTE]
Same negative results for me. Works fine in FF2, but does login/immediate logout on Safari3 and FF3b4.
Other ideas?
Thanks,

John

jholder
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby jholder » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:28 pm

ok

Can you send me login credentials/URL in PM so that I can take a look?
Thanks,

john
1655sysadmindave

Postby 1655sysadmindave » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:00 pm

I am hitting this bug on my server with FF3. Server seems to be similar to the machine in OP's logged bug report, but the simple HTML interface always works, and most accounts work fine with FF3. The machine has a commercial (GoDaddy) cert. My account, however, immediately logs me out with FF3. Have there been any solutions found?
I did look at the filed bug report, and the symptoms seem to be identical.
BTW, I have just upgraded to 5.0.9 from 5.0.7, but this was happening before the upgrade.
jdell
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby jdell » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:09 pm

[quote user="1655sysadmindave"]I am hitting this bug on my server with FF3. Server seems to be similar to the machine in OP's logged bug report, but the simple HTML interface always works, and most accounts work fine with FF3. The machine has a commercial (GoDaddy) cert. My account, however, immediately logs me out with FF3. Have there been any solutions found?
I did look at the filed bug report, and the symptoms seem to be identical.
BTW, I have just upgraded to 5.0.9 from 5.0.7, but this was happening before the upgrade.[/QUOTE]
With FF3, the HTML client always works for us also. With FF3, the advanced client login doesn't work for any accounts for us.
We have an active support case with zimbra for this. Jason Bryan (zimbra support) has reproduced this bug in the support lab by using a copy of our LDAP directory with a clean install of ZCS. So, he has definitely narrowed this down to an LDAP directory problem. His current analysis is that we are missing some LDAP attributes. He has been adding attributes back in and testing. I'll let you know when this is fixed.
Here is the bug tracking this issue:

Bug 25893 – FF3 and Safari 3 won't login to ZCS 5.0.2
I would recommend adding your 'me too' comments to the bug.
John
jdell
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby jdell » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:37 am

Jason Bryan of Zimbra Support has been working diligently on this for the past couple months and finally found the needle in the haystack.
I had the Mail Idle Session Timeout set to 30d which apparently caused the problem.
By simply running this:

zmprov mc default zimbraMailIdleSessionTimeout 0
I can now login in Firefox 3!!!
Jason indicated the underlying issue will be addressed in 5.0.10 now that they found the issue.
Follow this bug for details:

Bug 25893 – FF3 and Safari 3 won't login to ZCS 5.0.2
Thanks,

John

Return to “Administrators”