Move folders into a shared folder?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
andrew_l

Postby andrew_l » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:48 am

I have a user who has access to a shared folder, and has a large number of folders in her own account that she would like to move into the shared folder, so they become subfolders of the shared folder. Although she has manager (rwixd) rights on the share, it will not let her do this. She can move individual messages into the shared folder, but not entire folders at a time. Is there a way I can administratively do this?
-Andrew L

16113Chewie71
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby 16113Chewie71 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:50 pm

zmmailbox renameFolder{rf}?
You can use that to move your own folders around, but whether that would let you move a personal folder to a shared folder I don't know.
Give it a try and see... :)
Matt
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Postby dkarp » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:55 pm

No, at present there's no way to move a folder and its contents from one account to another.
ovaz

Postby ovaz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:51 pm

hmm, but then how are you supposed to do the following two not too unusal tasks ->
1. user deleted a folder, incl. subfolder, trash emptied, have to restore this folder from backup, restore into a separate account "restored_xxx".
now how do get that folder incl. all contents back into his live account?
do you really have to first recreate the folder structure in the live account and then move the content of each folder individually (as moving messages seems to work) from the restored folder after having made it available via sharing?

2. user A is leaving the company, some folders incl. subfolders and messages have to be moved to user B who takes over that task/project/job.
thanks
gantscha
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby gantscha » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:02 am

I would be also very!!! interested in this feature! Is it already in bugzilla or should i file an enhancement request?
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Postby dkarp » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:42 pm

Not sure. You'll have to search bugzilla.
4211PeterH

Postby 4211PeterH » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Just a tip.. whatever is not (yet) available via the webclient can be achieved (with some work indeed..) by being creative and using outlook or firebird connector: In case of outlook you get pst-files in/with which you can copy folders around easily. Other things like bulk deleting messages somewhere 'in between' timespans etc. are also pretty easy using 'alternative' mailfiles. In some cases you may need to recreate the/a account from pst via importer etc.

Not always best method but pretty easy for common admin 'special'tasks..:0)

Maybe this helps,

Peter

Return to “Administrators”