Instant Messenger Disappearing??

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
DavidFix

Postby DavidFix » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:33 am

Whoa... Just read the release notes for Zimbra 7.1.0, and it says that in the next major version, Instant Messaging is going to be removed.
*sigh*
Why? My users depend on this! Who cares if it's beta, it works well, and there's no reason to remove it. :(

DavidFix

Postby DavidFix » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Little update... It appears that they're going to be releasing it as a separate add-on package, so we won't be out of luck. :)
Bug 47036 – RFE: include separate IM server
esantos
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby esantos » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 pm

IM was beta for years, the natural expectation was VMWare enhance it instead of remove it.
I don't know if Zimbra guys known the meaning of: "intransigent"
:=PoKo=:
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:01 am

[quote user="esantos"]IM was beta for years, the natural expectation was VMWare enhance it instead of remove it. [/QUOTE]If you bother reading the bug reports and RFEs you would see what the futrue holds for IM & ZCS.
[quote user="esantos"]II don't know if Zimbra guys known the meaning of: "intransigent"[/QUOTE]I'm sure some of the forums members don't know the meaning of it either. ;)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168

Return to “Administrators”