[SOLVED] Problem with Client search results

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mcevoys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mcevoys » Sat May 21, 2011 10:57 am

>>Anyone know how to completely delete the index and recreate?
tap tap tap...is this thing on?

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Sat May 21, 2011 11:20 am

[quote user="mcevoys"]tap tap tap...is this thing on?[/QUOTE]Yes it's working, so is the search function. :eek:
site:zimbra.com +delete +index - Yahoo! Search Results
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mcevoys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mcevoys » Sat May 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Quite possibly the least helpful answer, and most uninformative search link ever.
In an effort to solve the issue, I've deleted everyone's indexes (it's only a small user population) by rm -rf /opt/zimbra/index/0/(user#)/index/0. I figure I can reindex them all as needed.
Problem remains with initial user: Reindex pukes at message #209.
I ask again if anyone has any ideas?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Sat May 21, 2011 2:21 pm

[quote user="mcevoys"]Quite possibly the least helpful answer, and most uninformative search link ever.[/QUOTE]Really? The last thing you asked for was details on how to delete the index on a mailbox, that's exactly what you got in the link I provided. If that isn't what you wanted then perhaps I misread you last question?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
mcevoys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mcevoys » Sat May 21, 2011 6:16 pm

The last thing that I asked for was a 'potential' fix for the issue (it isn't). Instead of pointing at a list of random links (mostly unrelated), I'd ask you to please read back through the thread and help solve the original issue.
Here's a member who paid for the product (NE version) and has a genuine issue. This is the opportunity for the community to step up with an answer. I'm a month deep into the issue, with many requests for help, and no answers.
This would contribute to this being a credible, helpful forum, vs most linux forums consisting of condescending remarks, snark and pointing to a search page with ineffective results.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Sun May 22, 2011 1:47 am

[quote user="mcevoys"]The last thing that I asked for was a 'potential' fix for the issue (it isn't). Instead of pointing at a list of random links (mostly unrelated), I'd ask you to please read back through the thread and help solve the original issue. [/QUOTE]Do you really need it pointing out that your last two posts (prior to mine) asked this question:
[quote user="mcevoys"]>>Anyone know how to completely delete the index and recreate?[/QUOTE]As far as me giving you 'random links' the third entry in that list actually tells you what to do to remove an index from a user account.
[quote user="mcevoys"]This would contribute to this being a credible, helpful forum, vs most linux forums consisting of condescending remarks, snark and pointing to a search page with ineffective results.[/QUOTE]What happens if you actually look at the link I gave you and remove the index for that user then reindex the account?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
mcevoys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mcevoys » Sun May 22, 2011 6:47 am

>>What happens if you actually look at the link I gave you and remove the index for that user then reindex the account?
As I said above, no effect. Reindex still bombs (now it bombs for all users for whom I've removed the index).
psarni

Postby psarni » Mon May 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Many users complained last week that the search aswers weren´t showing the newest messages.

Saturday I reindexed each mailbox and now it can´t find my last message that I got minutes ago, I even copied and pasted to be sure that the text was the same.

We mostly use Web Client.
mcevoys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mcevoys » Tue May 24, 2011 5:57 am

My life would be measurably better if my users could search their mailboxes again. Is there anyone who can assist?
psarni

Postby psarni » Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 am

I found this, it may help.

Zimbra Failing to Re-index a Mailbox | mojocode.com
Just can test it later.

Return to “Administrators”