IM issue after upgrade from zimbra 5.x to 7.1.x

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Moox

Postby Moox » Wed May 11, 2011 2:44 am

Hello everyone,
I'm getting a particular issue on the jive IM since my company migrated from a zimbra 5.x to 7.1.x release.
Let me explain :
on 5.x :

two users, A and B, used to "chat" through the IM service.

A blocked B's messages and B blocked A's messages.

then, B "unblocked" A, but A kept blocking B's messages.
a few days later, we migrated to 7.1.x:

A wants to unblock B. This feature doesnt appear on the "new" jive IM.
It seems all is managed through mysql database called "zimbra"
How could I make B talk to A again ?

A can talk to B ,but cannot receive B's messages.
Thanks for your support

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Wed May 11, 2011 6:09 am

[quote user="Moox"]I'm getting a particular issue on the jive IM since my company migrated from a zimbra 5.x to 7.1.x release.[/QUOTE]I would suggest you look to migrate to another solution for your chat server, the IM server is being removed from Zimbra in the next major release - details in the Release Notes, the forums and bugzilla.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Moox

Postby Moox » Wed May 11, 2011 7:47 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]I would suggest you look tomigrate to another solution for your chat server, the IM server is being removed from Zimbra in the next major release - details in the Release Notes, the forums and bugzilla.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, it's not possible :(
It leads me to the next question :

Is there any mean to "reset" a IM account (ie delete all IM contacts / buddies, and sign up to the service as if it was a account creation) - not the mailbox, only jive / IM service.
About the migration to another IM server:

I'm aware of the next removal of the IM server, and it's a service used by the whole company (300+ people). We can't deploy (actually, we are not allowed) another IM service.
Bonus question :

Except on the mysql database "zimbra", where can I find configuration about accounts ?
UMDjwain

Postby UMDjwain » Wed May 11, 2011 9:35 am

There's a bug (in your case, more like a bonus feature) regarding IM and mailboxmove- if you move a mailbox between mailstores, the buddy list gets lost. You might be able to move these accounts using zmmailboxmove and just tell them to start over with fresh buddy lists.
Moox

Postby Moox » Wed May 11, 2011 9:41 am

[quote user="UMDjwain"]There's a bug (in your case, more like a bonus feature) regarding IM and mailboxmove- if you move a mailbox between mailstores, the buddy list gets lost. You might be able to move these accounts using zmmailboxmove and just tell them to start over with fresh buddy lists.[/QUOTE]
I'll try this out, thanks for the tips ;)
I told the user who doesn't receive the messages to install an XMPP client (pidgin), and guess what ... it's working "out of zimbra".
It seems to be more a problem of zimbra-webmail-interface than jive IM.
I keep searching :)

Return to “Administrators”