Zimbra Migration

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
greatrusty

Zimbra Migration

Postby greatrusty » Tue May 24, 2011 5:12 am

Hi,
I have setup ZCS and not my messaging is on qmail relay with service providers. I need to migrate few users from that new Zimbra.
I have configured same domains, however the mail is still delivering to Qmail which is shared server with service provider. I tried to configure Split Domain however teh same is not working.
Do i need to do chnages at qmail end and how

xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra Migration

Postby xeon » Tue May 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Depending on your MX settings, I am guessing they are still pointing to the Qmail server, you need to have Qmail relay the accounts on Zimbra to your Zimbra server. There are many articles on this. For example when I migrated from hosted Exchange I had my Exchange provider relay any address that didn't exists to our Zimbra server. I then moved my MX to our Zimbra server and any account that didn't exist on Zimbra relayed to my hosted Exchange. If you setup split DNS locally, that will not change anything on public DNS records you have setup.
greatrusty

Zimbra Migration

Postby greatrusty » Wed May 25, 2011 6:06 am

Thanks for your inputs..
My qmail is shared and hosted on the webservice provider and he is not able to make any changes in webserver for a individual users.
I need to test zimbra.example.com to run on qmail as well as Zimbra setup with same domain name. The MX records as showing the service provider details I tried implemting Split domain however it still delivers mail to hosted envirnemnt.

Return to “Administrators”