LDAP and localconfig.xml

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
pete irvine

LDAP and localconfig.xml

Postby pete irvine » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:38 am

Having fun - the server died after a reboot.

Kept getting ldap errors.

zimbra.log

Aug 1 06:44:28 mail zimbramon[21093]: 21093:info: zmmtaconfig: Skipping getAllReverseProxyURLs Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (zimbra.misc). log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly. ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)

Aug 1 06:44:29 mail zimbramon[21093]: 21093:info: zmmtaconfig: Skipping All Reverse Proxy Backends update.
I rebooted and the server stopped working.

Looked at localconfig.xml and it was empty. How did that happen.

Look at /etc/hosts - the localhost line had changed to the internal IP address - edit it and reboot - changes back ?????

ran zmfixperms and bounced it - same problem.
Help ???
How do recover so I can at least migrate off to a new appliance (backup will not run (no LDAP))

pete irvine

LDAP and localconfig.xml

Postby pete irvine » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:10 pm

I do have all of the mail in the Zimbra Desktops - but they will not sync - despite the password and the server name being the same.

I was hoping I could get a "reverse sync" to solve the backup problems.
Unfortunately I have been instructed to install two new test servers using two different products to see what we will replace zimbra with.

Return to “Administrators”