Domain Level Disclaimer support

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
damith

Postby damith » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:26 am

it's not work for me

mailluquet

Postby mailluquet » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Jorge, i have the same problem ... when i run this command "/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmaltermimeconfig -e syn.com" only show this "Enabled disclaimers for domain: syn.com " generating disclaimer is not showing on this path "/opt/zimbra/data/altermime/" ...

do you solvit??? (sorry by my english)
quanah
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby quanah » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:26 am

Two things:

A) Domain disclaimers are only supported in ZCS8.5 and later. Prior to that, only global disclaimers are supported

B) Domain disclaimer support is broken in the 8.5.0 release. It will be fixed in the upcoming 8.5.1 release. Reference is bug#95237
--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect, Symas http://www.symas.com/
OpenLDAP Core team http://www.openldap.org/project/
klingk

Postby klingk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:59 pm

The bugzilla entry 95237 indicates it's been fixed but we will need to wait for the next patch release and this was only fixed a couple of days after the last patch release.

Assuming you are following directions and getting (null) where the disclaimer should go this will give you a workaround until the next release:

Do the normal process to create the 8.5 disclaimers:

( as the Zimbra user )

$ zmprov mcf zimbraDomainMandatoryMailSignatureEnabled TRUE

$ zmprov md yourdomain.com zimbraAmavisDomainDisclaimerHTML "Disclaimer in HTML"

$ zmprov md yourdomain.com zimbraAmavisDomainDisclaimerText "Disclaimer in plain text"

$ /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmaltermimeconfig -e yourdomain.com

( there are lots of references on this process elsewhere)

Once that is done and not working....

1. Become the root user

2. cd /opt/zimbra/data/altermime

3. Do an "ls" to show the files there

4. There should be files with yourdomain.com in the name ending with .txt and .html

5. cp yourdomain.com.txt .txt

6. cp yourdomain.com.html .html

It's just not resolving the domain properly, so it can't find the file with the domain name on it, but it defaults to just .txt and .html when this domain lookup fails, so this just gives it those files so it has some disclaimer text.

And that should work around it until the fix comes out.

I don't think you will have control at the domain level until the fix comes out, but I'm guessing most people would be happy with just having any disclaimer in place.

Return to “Administrators”