What's the purpose of the two different bayes paths?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bjquinn
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby bjquinn » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:34 pm

I have 8.5 and I've applied the fix for bug #96408.  That seems to be working.  However, I still have bayes_toks and bayes_seen under /opt/zimbra/.spamassassin and /opt/zimbra/data/amavisd/.spamassassin.  Appears (maybe?) that the one under /opt/zimbra/data/amavisd/.spamassassin is auto-learned stuff (seems to be growing on its own), and /opt/zimbra/.spamassassin is for zmtrainsa (seems to only grow when I run zmtrainsa).  But I'm having problems with lots of spam getting through and I want to make sure bayes is configured and working properly.  Are both paths used when checking to see if an email should get a higher spam score for bayes?

pdifeo

Postby pdifeo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:55 pm

I solved creating a symbolic link to /opt/zimbra/data/amavisd/.spamassassin

yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.8.9.GA.3019.UBUNTU16.64

Postby yellowhousejake » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Did that make a difference for you? We are currently working with SA to try and increase our AS effectiveness. So far a large batch of manual training helped more than anything. I told support that I was suspicious bayes was not learning what spam was. If manual training and auto training are happening in two different places, it would answer a lot of questions.

Edit - Checking my paths this morning I find the only bayes data at /opt/zimbra/data/amavisd/.spamassassin
pdifeo

Postby pdifeo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:44 pm

In truth, only on a system of four I have had good results.

Return to “Administrators”