ubuntu 8.04 zimbra 6.0.7 FAILURE need restore advice

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
cornbread
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby cornbread » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:59 am

had an ubuntu 8.0.4 server fail have backup data only no ldap dump... I only have /opt/zimbra contents. I'm not sure if i'll be able to go from 32 bit 8.0.4 to 64 bit 10.04 with only my zimbra directory.
Any and all help will be appreciated.
Do i need to go reinstall 8.04 and same zimbra version then find a 32 bit to 64 bit migration guide? If so will it even work out being that ubuntu 8.04 is at end of life and I'm not sure if i'll be able to get packages for it :confused:
HELP
TIA

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:13 am

[quote user="cornbread"]had an ubuntu 8.0.4 server fail have backup data only no ldap dump... I only have /opt/zimbra contents.[/QUOTE]You need to restore this to the current Ubuntu version that you have installed
[quote user="cornbread"] I'm not sure if i'll be able to go from 32 bit 8.0.4 to 64 bit 10.04 with only my zimbra directory.[/QUOTE]You do that as a separate exercise after your restore.
[quote user="cornbread"]Do i need to go reinstall 8.04 and same zimbra version then find a 32 bit to 64 bit migration guide?[/QUOTE]Yes, as stated above. There are plenty of guides for moving from 32bit to 64bit (including a certified wiki document) and also details of Disaster Recovery (plus backup/restore articles) in the wiki (plus many forum threads)
[quote user="cornbread"]If so will it even work out being that ubuntu 8.04 is at end of life and I'm not sure if i'll be able to get packages for it[/QUOTE]That should not cause any problems.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
cornbread
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby cornbread » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:16 am

ok sounds good I'll give it a shot thx Bill.

Return to “Administrators”