What's the current best practice for migrating/merging an account from one Z server to another?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Baylink
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

What's the current best practice for migrating/merging an account from one Z server to another?

Postby Baylink » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:12 pm

It's "move the mail service" time again. And again, the outside world isn't leaving me sufficient time to do it "right".
I have a Z6/C5.0 server that's coming down shortly. It has only one really active account, mine, with about 5 years of email archive in it.
What's the best way to package that up and pull it into my spandy new Z8.6/C7 server at linode? I would prefer solutions that move one big file over SCP, but I may not have the luxury as the storage on the new server is only 96GB, and my mailstore is about 55GB.
Time's an issue, though, as I have to move the box by next weekend.
The new server is up and moving mail, so this will be a merge-in; I no longer have the luxury of just
moving the mailbase over and doing an upgrade -- and I'm not sure I'd want to anyway.
I am concerned, though, about imapsync dying without warning in mid-move. Any thoughts either way, Zimbraers?

Baylink
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby Baylink » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Oh, ghod; we *still* don't understand blank lines in the forum software?

That doesn't bode well for my having decided to stay with Z; surely I am not the only person in the software business who understands Peters' Maxim: "If you can't get the coffee stains off your tray tables, how the hell can people trust you to do your engine maintenance properly?"

Return to “Administrators”