Can't Disable External Imap and pop3 Access through cos and per user basic

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
info@vteamtech.in

Can't Disable External Imap and pop3 Access through cos and per user basic

Postby info@vteamtech.in » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:38 am

Hai

I am using 8.7.0_GA_1659.FOSS OSE. I have the cos named users, in users i disabled the external imap access and external pop3 access through Home>Configure>Class of Service>users>Features.checked in backend. its set as FALSE in zimbraFeaturePop3DataSourceEnabled(zmprov gc users | grep zimbraFeaturePop3DataSourceEnabled) and zimbraFeatureImapDataSourceEnabled(zmprov gc users | grep zimbraFeatureImapDataSourceEnabled). also checked in user (zmprov ga ishakthi@ramrajcotton.net | grep zimbraFeatureImapDataSourceEnabled) and (zmprov ga ishakthi@ramrajcotton.net | grep zimbraFeaturePop3DataSourceEnabled) is FALSE. but in zimbra webmail preference, user can able to add external imap and pop3 service.

how to disable this. any other setting is available.

Rgds
Shakthi

rezt

Re: Can't Disable External Imap and pop3 Access through cos and per user basic

Postby rezt » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem with 8.7.0_GA_1659.FOSS.
I have tried to assign COS to the user(disabled auto) but the problem persist. In CLI I have the same result (FALSE).
In Standard mode(HTML) it works fine.

Regards,.
alwaysk2

Postby alwaysk2 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:26 am

Yes indeed, it looks a bug. Disabling External POP / IMAP access in COS doesn't get applied globally to users.
Gren Elliot
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby Gren Elliot » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Looks like this is the same issue as is reported at https://forums.zimbra.org/viewtopic.php?p=272700#p272700
which points at bug https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=106132 "Can't Disable External Imap and pop3 Access through cos and per user basis"

Return to “Administrators”