SSL HELP! Can't install godaddy SSL certificate

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sestores

SSL HELP! Can't install godaddy SSL certificate

Postby sestores » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi, I'm trying to install a godaddy wildcard certificate and I'm having difficulty.
I think it has something to do with generating my CSR, it keeps adding the local name of the zimbra server as an alt name, but it ends in .local. (zimbra.ses.local)
If I try to generate the CSR, it automatically adds "zimbra.ses.local" as a subject alt name". If I click delete next to the "zimbra.ses.local", it looks like it is deleted, however when I paste the CSR it generates into a decoder online, it still shows the "zimbra.ses.local" server name as an alt name.
When I try to install the certificate, zimbra complains "Your certificate was not installed due to the error: Invalid request Invalid subjectAltName: 'zimbra.ses.local'.

Can anyone explain to me how to fix this?
I think zimbra does not like having a certificate containing ".local", however it would not allow me to generate a CSR that did not include this, because that is the local name of my server... ????

Return to “Administrators”