Zimbra 8.6.0 postfix bcc maps

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
felix84

Zimbra 8.6.0 postfix bcc maps

Postby felix84 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi all. We are going to use Postfix bcc to make archive copy of all email messages. For security purposes, we use different server and different mail domain for collecting all mail. By this time in main.cf we use 'allways_bcc=arc@mydomain.archive'. It works fine, all sent and received messages just falls into one mailbox. But we need to collect messages to mailboxes corresponding to the sender name. For example sender@mydomain = sender@mydomain.archive. I know that in that case i should use lookup tables with maps for sender and recipient mailboxes. We tested such scenario and again it worked fine, if corresponded mailboxes were created on archive server. My questions is about automatization and simplifying:
1) can i use one lookup file for sender and recipient, because they are identical.
2) we have more than 200 mail users and maintaining map-files in actual state is pretty hard. I hope there is a way to use lookup table based on regular expressions, to map all possible domain users in one line. If so, please, clarify in details how can it be done.
Thanks a lot!

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra 8.6.0 postfix bcc maps

Postby phoenix » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:00 pm

My advice would be to use an archiving mail server. IIRC correctly there are some posts in the forums on the topic and a quick internet search should also find something suitable (there are Open Source products available) - take a look at that option before going down your proposed route.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
felix84

Postby felix84 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Thanks again for response! Sorry, but i did not get your point. We have already use dedicated server for archiving. But we need to have separated email messages just like they stored in original mailboxes. I surely did googlin, but as i said i have difficulties with regexp tables with postfix. I need one line in map files for senders and receivers, but over 200 archiving mailboxes. Is it possible?
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 Network Edition

Postby L. Mark Stone » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:18 pm

felix84 wrote:Thanks again for response! Sorry, but i did not get your point. We have already use dedicated server for archiving. But we need to have separated email messages just like they stored in original mailboxes. I surely did googlin, but as i said i have difficulties with regexp tables with postfix. I need one line in map files for senders and receivers, but over 200 archiving mailboxes. Is it possible?

The dedicated archivers to which Phoenix was referring in our experience act as the inbound MX for your Zimbra server as well as the outbound relay host for your Zimbra server, thereby eliminating any need for any customizations on the Zimbra server.

It's commercial, but see this offering from Barracuda for example:
https://www.barracuda.com/products/messagearchiver

Hope that helps,
Mark
felix84

Postby felix84 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:04 pm

L. Mark Stone wrote:It's commercial, but see this offering from Barracuda for example:
https://www.barracuda.com/products/messagearchiver

Oh, i see. But its too expensive! We use Zimbra because its great and free. Now we have the solution but need some instructions and optimizations. Does anyone here has such experience?
fakamaka

Postby fakamaka » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:59 pm

We use with a big success mail piler - open source and free. As on your solution all emails go bcc to piler. Piler is configured to authorize user on zimbra ldap. Search is super fast. It was big surprise how well and easy it works and integrates. You can set auditors etc.. Have fun!
Last edited by fakamaka on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:33 am

felix84 wrote:
L. Mark Stone wrote:Oh, i see. But its too expensive! We use Zimbra because its great and free. Now we have the solution but need some instructions and optimizations. Does anyone here has such experience?
As I mentioned in my first reply, there are open source (i.e. 'free') solutions available that do what you want but you'll have to look for them.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
felix84

Postby felix84 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:39 am

fakamaka wrote:We use with a big success mail piler - open source and free. As on your solution all emails go bcc to piler. Piler is configured to authorize user on zimbra ldap. Search is super fast. It was big surprise how well and easy it works and integrates. You can set auditors etc.. Have fun!

Ok, i'll give it a try. Thanks
felix84

Postby felix84 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:07 am

Thanks everyone for participating, problem solved. worked regexp expression found.
apiening

Postby apiening » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi felix84,
can you share your regexp config for postfix BCC mapping, please?
Kind regards
Andreas

Return to “Administrators”