Disable Filesystem space checks

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
computerfr33k

Disable Filesystem space checks

Postby computerfr33k » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to disable zimbra space checks for certain mount points, because I am using Ubuntu 16.04 with kernel livepatch service which is using snapd and mounts the livepatch service into a mountpoint which is then shown as being 100% used space causing Zimbra to then constantly send warning emails about filesystem being 100% used.

Thanks

kilton_jmiles

Re: Disable Filesystem space checks

Postby kilton_jmiles » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:43 pm

For reference to others who encounter this issue:
https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=109125

This was my scenario::

Where this happens: EC2 instances deployed using the AWS Ubuntu 16.04,18.04 AMIs

Why this is a problem: 4320 critical disk space alerts will be send per day which may exceed any smarthost mail relay limits.

How the problem appeared to happen:
The AWS Ubuntu images include the amazon-ssm-agent to communicate upwards into EC2 and Systems Manager for automation, reporting, management.
This is facilitated using snapd.
In a Ubuntu EC2 instance three loop devices are created:
/dev/loop0
/dev/loop1
/dev/loop2

'df' reports these mounted devices as having filesystems who are 100% full

The default zmstats alerting interval for critical disk space issues is once every minute.
This results in 3 alerts per minute (one for each of those loop devices) and 4320 critical disk space alerts per day.

These begin immediately after completing the installation of ZCS.

One must manually exclude the /dev/loop# devices after installing ZCS and then restart zmstats

This is how I checked and then stopped the issue from happening:
Run as the Zimbra user:

Check your existing df excludes:
zmlocalconfig | grep zmstat_df_excludes

If you have none excluded already, run this, or modify it with the paths of the devices you already had:

zmlocalconfig -e zmstat_df_excludes="/dev/loop0:/dev/loop1:/dev/loop2:/dev/loop3:/dev/loop4:/dev/loop5:/dev/loop6:/dev/loop7:/dev/loop8:/dev/loop9"
zmstatctl restart

Return to “Administrators”