How to generate self-signed certificates on browsers and outlook

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tedj93

How to generate self-signed certificates on browsers and outlook

Postby tedj93 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 am

Hello every body ;
i am a newbie and i don't know a lot about zimbra. Recently i installed zimbra open source edition 8.6 on hyper-v virtual machine and every thing is working correctly except the issue of the certificates. I am running zimbra on local server wich cannot access to internet so my question is is there a way to install auto-signed certificate on firefox for my clients so the security message doesn't appear.
my second question is about outlook connector, it seems that the certificate issue is blocking me and i can't access to my account via outlook 2013
please help

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: How to generate self-signed certificates on browsers and outlook

Postby phoenix » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:36 am

tedj93 wrote:Hello every body ;
i am a newbie and i don't know a lot about zimbra. Recently i installed zimbra open source edition 8.6 on hyper-v virtual machine and every thing is working correctly except the issue of the certificates. I am running zimbra on local server wich cannot access to internet so my question is is there a way to install auto-signed certificate on firefox for my clients so the security message doesn't appear.
What's wrong with just ading an exception for the certificate in your browser?

tedj93 wrote:my second question is about outlook connector, it seems that the certificate issue is blocking me and i can't access to my account via outlook 2013
please help
I don't really understand this question as there is no Outlook Connector for the OSS version of Zimbra. If it's just a question about the certificate then it's the same solution as my reply above, I don't use Outlook so you'll have to search the internet (or these forums) to find out how to accept a self-signed certificate into Outlook.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implement in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168

Return to “Administrators”