[SOLVED] Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Marcosebas
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 pm

[SOLVED] Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby Marcosebas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:51 pm

Dear Colleagues,

Please, I need your help with a particular issue I am having. I need to create around 75 user accounts on my ZCS 8.6 in multiserver architecture, however, I am facing a particular problem.

I am creating the users in the following way.

1. Creating a .zmp file with the following structure inside of it:

Code: Select all

createAccount name@domain.com PASS cn 'FirstName MiddleName LastName' displayName 'FirstName LastName'


2. After, I am executing the following command as Zimbra user:

Code: Select all

zmprov < /opt/file.zmp


As a result I have all my required users created viewing them with zmprov -l gaa. I can login on that accounts and names are displayed correctly. Moreover when I try to write a message I can't visualized any of these accounts in the autocompleting option in the To: field.

Other accounts that I previously created with test purposes via WebConsole and CLI but directly typed and not read from a file are appearing, but the accounts I created from the .zmp file not.

*These are previuosly created accounts
Image

But the new accounts created are not appearing.

Image

On the other hand, if I type a zmprov -l gaa to check the accounts I can see them:

Image

Any help or suggestion is more than welcome.

Regards,

Marco
Last edited by Marcosebas on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am
Location: Portland, Maine
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.6.0 Patch 8
Contact:

Re: Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby L. Mark Stone » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:37 pm

The zmprov documentation suggests you run:

Code: Select all

zmprov -f /tmp/input-file.zmp


rather than piping the zmp file into zmprov.

Not sure it truly matters, but would you mind testing and let us know?

Hope that helps,
Mark
________________________________________________
L. Mark Stone, General Manager
reliable networks, a Division of OTT Communications
HIPAA-Compliant Zimbra Hosting Provider since 2006 http://www.reliablenetworks.com
Zeta Alliancehttp://www.zetalliance.org/
User avatar
DualBoot
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:18 pm
Location: Earth
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.7.11 Mutli servers

Re: Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby DualBoot » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Hello,

did you check your galsync dataSource if it is still synchronized ?

Regards,
Marcosebas
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby Marcosebas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:21 am

L. Mark Stone wrote:The zmprov documentation suggests you run:

Code: Select all

zmprov -f /tmp/input-file.zmp


rather than piping the zmp file into zmprov.

Not sure it truly matters, but would you mind testing and let us know?

Hope that helps,
Mark


Hi Mark,

No it didn't work. Still having the same issue.

Code: Select all

[zimbra@mailbox ~]$ zmprov -f /opt/DatosHE1.zmp
[b]prov> d727434a-1321-4879-a0c3-c0987f8f6fa9
prov> a61fd2bb-ce35-48af-b34e-902a73449398
prov> 5b4d62e8-2d41-47e1-ac57-ab225bf9d387[/b]


[zimbra@mailbox ~]$ zmprov -l gaa
epbarcan@domain
mlatorre@domain
mgrianog@domain
prueba3@domain
scp1@domain
scp2@domain
scp3@domain

[zimbra@mailbox ~]$

Any other suggestion?
Marcosebas
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby Marcosebas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:23 am

DualBoot wrote:Hello,

did you check your galsync dataSource if it is still synchronized ?

Regards,


Hi DualBoot,

I was reading about the galsync that it could be on it. However, I don't know how to verify it. Could you help me? Thanks in advance

Not sure if it is because of the multiserver architecture because I tried to create the same account in a test Zimbra virtual machine that I have (in single server architecture) and all the accounts appeared automatically in the autofill.

Marco
User avatar
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am
Location: Portland, Maine
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.6.0 Patch 8
Contact:

Re: Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby L. Mark Stone » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:49 pm

If it is a GalSync issue, this may help:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/GAL_Sync_Account

and this:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/GAL_list_d ... t_is_added

Hope that helps,
Mark
________________________________________________
L. Mark Stone, General Manager
reliable networks, a Division of OTT Communications
HIPAA-Compliant Zimbra Hosting Provider since 2006 http://www.reliablenetworks.com
Zeta Alliancehttp://www.zetalliance.org/
Marcosebas
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby Marcosebas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:21 pm

L. Mark Stone wrote:If it is a GalSync issue, this may help:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/GAL_Sync_Account

and this:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/GAL_list_d ... t_is_added

Hope that helps,
Mark


Hi Mark

I will try, however the Galsync should update every 24 hours, but the accounts are still not showing up. However, when I created an account from the admin console it appeared automatically. Also I have a virtual machine where I have installed a Zimbra for testing, on it applying the same commands as I stated at the beginning of this thread the account appeared in the GAL immediately. Not sure if it has something to do that in my test zimbra is a single server architecture and in the one whit problems is a multi server architecture.
User avatar
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am
Location: Portland, Maine
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.6.0 Patch 8
Contact:

Re: Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby L. Mark Stone » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Marcosebas wrote:
L. Mark Stone wrote:If it is a GalSync issue, this may help:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/GAL_Sync_Account

and this:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/GAL_list_d ... t_is_added

Hope that helps,
Mark


Hi Mark

I will try, however the Galsync should update every 24 hours, but the accounts are still not showing up. However, when I created an account from the admin console it appeared automatically. Also I have a virtual machine where I have installed a Zimbra for testing, on it applying the same commands as I stated at the beginning of this thread the account appeared in the GAL immediately. Not sure if it has something to do that in my test zimbra is a single server architecture and in the one whit problems is a multi server architecture.


What's different between the problem server and your test server?

All the best,
Mark
________________________________________________
L. Mark Stone, General Manager
reliable networks, a Division of OTT Communications
HIPAA-Compliant Zimbra Hosting Provider since 2006 http://www.reliablenetworks.com
Zeta Alliancehttp://www.zetalliance.org/
Marcosebas
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby Marcosebas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:10 am

L. Mark Stone wrote:
What's different between the problem server and your test server?

All the best,
Mark


Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your help. For some reason the GalSync was not synchronizing but with the first guide you gave I found and used this command:

Code: Select all

zmgsautil forceSync -a galsync@domain.com -n InternalGAL


Like that I forced to update the GalSync and the accounts started to appear in the GAL.

Again thank you for your time.

All the best,

Marco ;)
User avatar
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am
Location: Portland, Maine
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.6.0 Patch 8
Contact:

Re: Accounts created via CLI not being displayed in the message Autofill

Postby L. Mark Stone » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Marcosebas wrote:
L. Mark Stone wrote:
What's different between the problem server and your test server?

All the best,
Mark


Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your help. For some reason the GalSync was not synchronizing but with the first guide you gave I found and used this command:

Code: Select all

zmgsautil forceSync -a galsync@domain.com -n InternalGAL


Like that I forced to update the GalSync and the accounts started to appear in the GAL.

Again thank you for your time.

All the best,

Marco ;)


Hi Marco,

Glad you got it sorted! I've marked the thread as [SOLVED] for others in future.

With best regards,
Mark
________________________________________________
L. Mark Stone, General Manager
reliable networks, a Division of OTT Communications
HIPAA-Compliant Zimbra Hosting Provider since 2006 http://www.reliablenetworks.com
Zeta Alliancehttp://www.zetalliance.org/

Return to “Administrators”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests