Just brought up Zimbra Docs on our network. It does seem to be running/working, but have some questions:
* Since it's in briefcase, it seems you have to create a folder and share it to your team first so everybody can see documents. Is this correct?
* When you create a new document, it seems to create it in the main briefcase folder and not the shared folder that I am currently browsing. I then have to save it and move it into the shared folder so others can see it. Shouldn't it create the new document in the current folder?
* How do you do collaborative editing? When I share out a folder and create a document in it (after dragging it in). When I edit it, the other users are not able to as the option is grayed out (disabled). I am under the impression that the documents can be edited by multiple users simultaneously, maybe I'm just misunderstanding. Can somebody confirm or deny this?
* We have not configured Zimbra Drive (backed by ownCloud) yet. When we do so, will Docs work on files in Drive as well?
Docs Admin Note:
* I saw there is a separate topic related to Docs showing not running is services status for admin gui. But I figure I would mention that here as well. It causes your overall server status on the home page to be Failed.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Patch 9 now available (includes fix for CVE-2017-8802). Read the announcement.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.7 + Zimbra Connector for Outlook 8.8.7 are available.. Read the announcement.
- Are you a Zimbra Developer? You can find some interesting stuff in our Official GitHub: https://github.com/Zimbra and check the Community Projects too: https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/
Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], wodel and 21 guests