Migrating from 6.0.7 to 7.1.4

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
estanford

Postby estanford » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:57 pm

[quote user="justdave"]If you're planning to move accounts a few at a time you're going to want to set up your new server as part of a multi-server install with your existing server so that they know about each other. If they're the only two servers you have, set up the new one as an LDAP slave to the old one so that it loads everything over. Then when you finally have all of the accounts moved, you would promote the new server to master, and remove the old one.[/QUOTE]
When setting the new server up as an LDAP slave to my existing server what packages do I install other than zimbra-ldap? I found instructions for installing a Replica LDAP Server but the only packages it listed to install was zimbra-core and zimnbra-ldap.

justdave
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.9.GA.3019.UBUNTU16.64 FOSS

Postby justdave » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:36 pm

[quote user="estanford"]When setting the new server up as an LDAP slave to my existing server what packages do I install other than zimbra-ldap? I found instructions for installing a Replica LDAP Server but the only packages it listed to install was zimbra-core and zimnbra-ldap.[/QUOTE]
You'll want everything you would normally install on that box. Since the long-term goal is to replace the first one, I would install everything you already have installed on the first one, and then just point it at the original box for the upstream ldap server.
estanford

Postby estanford » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:40 am

[quote user="justdave"]You'll want everything you would normally install on that box. Since the long-term goal is to replace the first one, I would install everything you already have installed on the first one, and then just point it at the original box for the upstream ldap server.[/QUOTE]
Thanks again.

Return to “Administrators”