I’m looking for some input on creating a script to verify a running zimbra system (single server at this point).
The reason I need it is that I have found Zimbra occasionally fails to start cleanly after reboots. Example causes are LDAP slow to start causing service failures (several), patches changing file permissions (x2), and other failures that I never resolved, but a restart fixed.
I reboot regularly in the early morning as part of my backup system (you can see a discussion on backups here: https://forums.zimbra.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=65435).
After boot, I run the following checks:
- scan for any services not up via “zmcontrol status”
- attempt to send an email via “sendemail”
If there are any problems, I run
Does anyone else have any other useful checks I could run to confirm the health of the system, plus any remediation that might be useful.
Thanks for any input.
- Zimbra Collaboration 9.0.0 now available. Read the release notes.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.15 LTS now available. Read the release notes.
- Are you a Zimbra Developer? You can find some interesting stuff in our Official GitHub, Blog and the Community Github.
- Zimbra is Open Source! Read the FAQ. You can also contribute and build binary from source!
Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests